What axles should i use?

Just an update. I picked up my ford 8.8 today. It had the 4.10 gear and limited slip. Unfortunately I'll have to change the front Dana 30 gear to the 4.10 but 1 gear is better then having to change both. Now I'm on the hunt for the motor and trans. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to leave a reply.

dano12771 said:
Just an update. I picked up my ford 8.8 today. It had the 4.10 gear and limited slip. Unfortunately I'll have to change the front Dana 30 gear to the 4.10 but 1 gear is better then having to change both. Now I'm on the hunt for the motor and trans. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to leave a reply.

Find a jeep with a 4 cylinder and the front 30 will have 4.10 gears in it and will bolt up

I have some but my jeep is using them right now!!! lol
If you wouldve said this..... say somewhere in june or july I could give you mine for free, but I'm assuming you will need them sooner than that!!!
It's hard to save mone to rebuild a front end when your in college :party:

I have the i4 w/t4 trans in my 1985 now. But, according to the bill of material stamp on the d30 axle tube it's not a 4.10 gear. I found a website that you can trace that number and it shows what gear was in that axle. According to that site it was a 3.5? something. Sorry can't remember the exact number off the top of my head and I'm at work now so I'll look it up again when I get home and post it. Now with that said I could be wrong or I could've miss read something on the site. I'm def hoping I am wrong. :?:

Hey guys, just came across a sbc 305 w/ a 700 trans. from a guy i work with Motor is fuel inj and includes all of the wiring needed. He claims it has 80,000 miles on it. He wants 500$ for both. What do you guys think. I've checked out Novak and it's one of their recomended trans. But they did say it was a little to long for the cj5. On the other hand they say it comes w/ a over drive gear and a lower first gear. Where as the 350 trans doesn't have the odrive. I'm still looking but I thought I'd try and get some feed back. Thanks for replying. :???:

hey i have a 2.5L and ax5 trans for sale asking 2000 obo if you want it they both have less then 5000 miles on them. mostly road miles. and the motor has every thing on it besides wireing stuff. nothing wrong with it putting a v8 in it let me know asap

Thanks for the offer but I'm also looking for a sbc 350. I've been looking for a few weeks now. Haven't found the right deal yet. Are you going to go w a fuel injected set up?:?:

Thanks for the offer but I'm also looking for a sbc 350. I've been looking for a few weeks now. Haven't found the right deal yet. Are you going to go w a fuel injected set up?:?:

yup good luck finding one. i am doing a 383 in mine

Back