What backspacing do you guys have???

CTJeeper

Im about to buy some new wheels and tires (i think rockkrawlers and 285/75R16 MTR's which are about 11.5" wide and 33" tall) and i want to get 15X8 rims, but im not sure about the backspacing. The lower the backspacing, the farther the rim and tire will stick out right??? i guess my question is, is the backspacing measured from the inside edge to where the lug is, or from the outside. Also, id like to keep as much maneuverability as i can, so id want my tires as far out as possible. Is this a bad thing for my axle? or does it not really matter? [addsig]

From what I was told, the backspacing will keep your tire from hitting any of the springs, suspension components, or body parts. I have about 4.5" with 15x10 rims. No problem with turns. I've also heard rumors that a spacing of at least 3.5" recommened.[addsig]

Backspacing=distance from inner rim to mounting surface.Factory TJ rims have a 5.5"B.S. and you can run up to 33x11.50 on them with out rubbing provided you have a 3" lift. If you want to use 12.50 tires you need to get rims with 4.5" B.S.[they will stick out 1" farther] Be aware the farther out they stick the greater the load on the axles and bearings.4.5" B.S. [and it does not have to be exact just close]are easy to get in 16" rims however 16" tires seam to run about 50$ more each. [addsig]

Back