What dash do I have?

dave123

I have a 1975 CJ5. I want to return the dash to original, but I'm having problems finding usable pics. on the net. Here is a link to the only one I could find that looked like mine:
Daisy's Jeep, 1/25 - HazzardNet Gallery
I have the speedo bracketed by two gauges like in the pic. My fuel gauge is in the bottom right of the speedo (like most), but, but unlike ones I've found, the F is the left side of the gauge, and E is on the right. I have only 3 knobs, lights, wipers, and hazard lights. I can't find a vendor with the light up indicators above the knobs for the hazard one. I'm not even sure if the knobs are factory. I have a pic of my dash, but don't know how to post it here. If you could look at the link here, and tell me what years had this setup, it would help.
thanx
dave

I have a shot of my 75. What is different are two additional guages around the speedo. I put in some period SW temp and alt gauges there. You can see my Cobra mic mounted on the dash too.

Attachments

• FinalDash.jpg
    FinalDash.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 5,693
Thanx MNTrailboss.
Clean looking Jeep!
that does look like my dash, though yours is nicer. I assume you added the gauges on top on either side of the speedo, as i have the ones on bottom only. Funny, I have not been able to find any pics of this dash layout on the net.

To the top right of the steering wheel, I have the hazard lights, and the light up indicator above the knob is rotted and needs replaced, but nobody seems to have it.

If you have any other pics. that show clearly the placement of the switches, I would love to see them, if not, it's cool, I will continue to look. I'm curious where the "F" is on your fuel gauge, as mine is bottom left, and all the pics. I have seen are top right.
dave

Here is another angle.

The three smaller guages around the speedo are SW Amp, Oil, Temp -- and obviously aftermarket -- I used two of the orignial gauge locations and added the third. Also, far left, is the tach -- this is CLEARLY aftermarket and in the location of the 76 and up dash. Actually, it is a rebuilt 76 tach -- just wanted it.

Not sure what the hole directly above the steering column is for -- I have a rubber horn button there, as the horn broke after the rebuild and I didn't want to pull the column again.

Other changes seen -- Hoop (cage) I made. Accelerator is off of a 80 Cherokee, I think, and the seats are leather off of a passat (man are they comfy). And the little chrome switch to the right of the speedo are my backup lights. The switch broke off the T18 and I have not been able to find a replacement.

Also, attached is a pic of the original dash. There is a '76 windshield frame (you can tell by how it mounts to the dash and the wiper motor). Close looks show the dual stick D300 down there! I sold that and paid for the T18 and Bellhousing i wanted for the stronger transmission (a crappy T5 or something was in there).

Attachments

• PR00001091509.JPG
    PR00001091509.JPG
    663.2 KB · Views: 722
  • original dash.jpg
    original dash.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 285

Dave, did you ever find a vendor with these indicators? I am going through the same thing with CJ dash, except i have no knobs, just a bunch of holes in the dash. I have been searching and was thinking that maybe the indicators from the 76+ Cj's might fit. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Quadratec has the knobs, I got them for a few buck each. I called, and the tech guy found them. As far as the light up indicators above the knobs, they have all but the hazards. I still haven't found that one.

Back