What did you do to your Jeep today?

I was wondering if people would hit their heads but i won't be me. The kids hang on it so i am sure it won't be them and cristina says i don't have to worry about her hitting it so we are clear in my family.

I also tested the temps because it was in the hundreds again today and this did not get hot at all because they are in the shade all day

If it leaks this time that's what I'll do.
The yolk looked fine no grooves or anything. This new seal felt tighter on the yolk so I'm hoping for the best.

The first seal was crown automotive from Quadratec.
This new one is a SKF seal from napa

Sent from my DROID 2 Global
SKF and CR seals are the best quality in my opinion.

flatie46 said:
SKF and CR seals are the best quality in my opinion.

The quality of the SKF seal was better than the crown seal. I'll know if it leaks when my wife get home from work.

Loaded the doors, windows and side curtains up to take to my wife. It was starting to rain and she wasn't thrilled about getting wet...
photobucket185981346507617259-1.jpg

On a side not I looked at the pinion and it didn't look like it is leaking.

I tightened my exhaust at the manifold it had loosened and started squeaking.

Adjusted the rear brakes, its been like 300 miles since I replaced everything. I pulled the wheels, drums and adjusted them correctly.

I fixed my KC fog light. The rivets that hold the brackets to the housing had loosened up, so I pulled it off and took a punch and flattened them out. Hopefully they'll last another few months.

Also made sure that the pinion seal was not leaking (its not) and checked all the fluids

It was a busy and productive evening.

Welded on some brackets to the spare tire carrier, to mount my high lift jack and carry a full sized shovel.

Took advantage of the long weekend and did some aesthetics with the Jeep. D-Rings, Raven's Tailgator hitch cover, color matched the interior (minus the vents - going black with them), removed the OEM mirrors, and installed the CJ-style mirrors. Gathering up the funds now to start upgrading underneath with skids, welding in some supports, etc, and getting a winch. Looking to find a nearby trail with someone to break it in.

Attachments

• drings and raven tailgator.JPG
    drings and raven tailgator.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 27
  • grab bar tweeter and door.JPG
    grab bar tweeter and door.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 32
  • soundbar speakers.JPG
    soundbar speakers.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
  • mirrors front.jpg
    mirrors front.jpg
    549.7 KB · Views: 29
  • side view mirrors.JPG
    side view mirrors.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 26
I painted the headlight trim rings with some translucent chrome paint (basically I tinted the chrome).

Attachments

• IMG_0236-black-out-wrangler-trim.JPG
    IMG_0236-black-out-wrangler-trim.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0237-black-out-wrangler-trim.JPG
    IMG_0237-black-out-wrangler-trim.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0238-black-out-wrangler-trim.JPG
    IMG_0238-black-out-wrangler-trim.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0239-black-out-wrangler-trim.JPG
    IMG_0239-black-out-wrangler-trim.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 27

Mine came with a chrome grill. I told the body shop to give me a black grill this time. She's putting the chrome in the back seat along with the front bumper. Lol

You guys should check out our door hinge mirrors for riding legal without your doors. They look great and will help you avoid a ticket!!!

Hi guys there are pics of our product in the 4x4 thread. Plus on the auction thread we also have a facebook page and we are a vendor on jeepforum.com. thanks for your compliments we work really hard to ensure our quality and if you would like more info just shoot me a private message for all the details. Thanks again for the interest!!

Back