What did you do to your Jeep today?

Tore the 5.7L down. Gettin ready to rebuild it. Bought accesory brackets and serpentine pulleys at local wrecking yard. Made one helluva mess on my garage floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz

Attachments

• image-2540474578.jpg
    image-2540474578.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 138
I just finished POR 15 my cj7 frame, suspension and axles. Waiting for the new hubs to get here so I can finish the front axle.

Attachments

• image-2212114715.jpg
    image-2212114715.jpg
    498.2 KB · Views: 107
  • image-2316533092.jpg
    image-2316533092.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 158

Tore the 5.7L down. Gettin ready to rebuild it. Bought accesory brackets and serpentine pulleys at local wrecking yard. Made one helluva mess on my garage floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz

What is that in your hand? A special "lubricant"?... :shades:

Installed a set of KC replacement headlights. Doing so I noticed I have one melted connectionr to replace, actually 2 as replacing both is the was to go.

Took it out for exercise it at a local 4x4 off road park. Conned the wife into going, even though it's not really her cup of tea. Had to drive mellow, but it beat sitting on the couch!

I spent the last 4 days working in my friends '95 wrangler. It came down with a bad case of the "death wobble".
Unfortunately, he has no money, so, it came from my pocket.

2 new wheel u-joints, boy they were shot.
4 new ball joints, had a good 1/4" play.
2 stabilizer rods.

It still will shake a bit after a pot hole at 55 mph, but it is close to right.
$ 700.00 in parts so far.
Next I will do new bushings for the springs, and shocks.

He has 150,000 miles on it, and this is the first repair ever.

Wow, I sure am sore, and broke....

Damn you sound like a great friend!

Sent from my note2 using my thumb

On RV vacation trip. Flat towing cuteness (Da jeep) behind the Rv. Left the inland area and 102 deg today , ended up at the 68 deg coast... Ahhhhhh. Had a nice dinner on the pier, some wine tasting.... Cool enough for a nice campfire.. whoo ya!

ForumRunner_20140725_213608.png

Installed new multi-switch that controls turn signals, headlights, fog lights, etc, in my '05 TJ, because mine was bad and allowing fog lights to come on, whether turned on or not. It killed my battery the other day. Anyway, after getting new switch installed and everything all buttoned back up, the new switch was bad. Turn signals & 4-way flash wouldn't work but all else, head lights, fog lights, etc., worked. Took new switch out and put old one back in. Everything worked fine, except fog lights were on continuously. So, I'll have to return the new Mopar switch for another one. Have to run with old switch so I have turn signals and keep fog light relay unplugged until I can get a working new switch.

I spent the last 4 days working in my friends '95 wrangler. It came down with a bad case of the "death wobble".
Unfortunately, he has no money, so, it came from my pocket.

2 new wheel u-joints, boy they were shot.
4 new ball joints, had a good 1/4" play.
2 stabilizer rods.

It still will shake a bit after a pot hole at 55 mph, but it is close to right.
$ 700.00 in parts so far.
Next I will do new bushings for the springs, and shocks.

He has 150,000 miles on it, and this is the first repair ever.

Wow, I sure am sore, and broke....

My hats off to you sir! That is true friendship and southern hospitality at its finest... Good man!!

Ah shucks,
You guys would do the same for a good friend.
When you get to my age, you can't afford to loose too many.
But I appreciate it..
Tison

Ah shucks,
You guys would do the same for a good friend.
When you get to my age, you can't afford to loose too many.
But I appreciate it..
Tison
X2 what 69jeepcj said. I sometimes find myself doing as you do. Not only are you a good man but he must be good man too . Also , this proves the mettle of a YJ if it went this far mileage wise without any new parts. Wow , not even a water pump ? Must have been exceptional at preventive maintenance.

He does love his jeep. Unfortunately, he is disabled, so can't do as much anymore. broke, and hurt.
He drives gentle, and keeps it covered.

I respect that . You are a good man for having heart to help this gentleman who would do for himself if he could . As you are able body , your giving the time to his jeep as you would to yours. I respect that too.

302 gets dropped in today or tomorrow after work.

spent weekend converting my buddies cj7 from a standard to an automatic instead of doing mine because he needs his to get to work tomorrow. plus, we had to swap an engine in to replace his old one. there are a number of differences between an 82 and 83 4.2l, we found out

Back