Here it is ready to go....

Attachments

• DSC00765.JPG
    DSC00765.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 28

Painted my new to me full doors

Sent from my note2 using my thumb

Tinted the full door windows

Picked my doors up and started putting them back together, they look pretty good... a couple pieces of dirt and a bug got on each door...

Also built a door rack

01 XJ: Listened to the knocks and noises wife reported. Nothing abnormal. Cleaned spilt milk out of carpet. Jeep stinks.
99 XJ: Frustrated again, wont start, when it does, stalls in reverse. Arg.
96 XJ: Fixed passenger lock. Now 3 out of 4 doors open from both sides. Passengers no longer have to do the Duke Bros shuffle.

Starting to remove... well, everything. I dont know how this thing didn't burn down on the previous owner. I'm gonna make it right. She deserves better.

Attachments

• image-1626068535.jpg
    image-1626068535.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 259
Brought my grill and headlight buckets to work with me. Sand blasted one headlight bucket on my first break. Gonna prime in paint booth on second break. Who needs lunch when you have a Willy's to rebuild? Better yet, who can afford lunch when the wifey says, "go ahead and rebuild it?"

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz

49willyscj3a, if I remember correctly, that is a chevy 283 in your flatie? What engine are you going to replace that sweet little engine with. depending on what year the 283 is, it probably has more power than ANY stock 350 from the 70,s or 80,s would have?? If they are the right heads and intake manifold im looking for, I would be interested in them if you want to sell. Last three digits for heads, 461, or 461X

Last edited:
49willyscj3a, if I remember correctly, that is a chevy 283 in your flatie? What engine are you going to replace that sweet little engine with. depending on what year the 283 is, it probably has more power than ANY stock 350 from the 70,s or 80,s would have?? If they are the right heads and intake manifold im looking for, I would be interested in them if you want to sell. Last three digits for heads, 461, or 461X
Actually, I looked up the numbers and it is a 350 that someone swung in there. I still need to pull the pan and see if it is a 4 bolt main. I wish I had what your lookin for. I know stuff can be hard to find sometimes.

To answer you on what engine Im swinging in there, it is a TBI Chev. 5.7L from a '93 Suburban. Fuel Injection is what I know best.

Did a little more sand blasting today.

Attachments

• image-695263485.jpg
    image-695263485.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 210
Started running rough, #6 cyl. low low on compression found burnt exhaust valve.

Attachments

• 79 Jeep CJ7 #6 cyl. burnt exhaust valve 004.JPG
    79 Jeep CJ7 #6 cyl. burnt exhaust valve 004.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 26

She's comin' apart nicely.

Attachments

• image-3154239898.jpg
    image-3154239898.jpg
    449.1 KB · Views: 349
Shakedown cruise on the Rubicon trail this past weekend........Love my new Rock Krawler long arm!

Attachments

• sexyflexy.jpg
    sexyflexy.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 23
Put my new full doors on to see how my wife liked them, I think I like them more than the halfs...

Used 0000 steel wool and polishing compound to remove the water spots from my windows

Before

After

Then put on a coat of rain-x

Well, I was going to replace the started solenoid but in this consumer desert I live in I could not find a Standard Motor Products SS581X locally. One shop said they had 5 but upon getting there, theirs was OEM brand (Made in China). Given the shoddy workmanship I've seen in other Chinese parts it seems harded to get made in USA gear than ever before. NAPA ordered me one two days ago but naturally it got delayed. :?|

Drove it tonight to dinner with bikini top and 1/2 doors in nice 84 degree's... Sooo nice..

Back