What do I Need to Fit 35s ?

hoobness

RE: please help 91-95yj

I have come across another setback! My33" Toyo Open country MTs that have been paid for since march 5th, are now pushed back another 3 weeks. (they were due in today)
I have to wait on 33x13.5s, BUT - HE HAS 35x13.5s IN STOCK that he'll discount me for my inconvienences. Problem is I only have a RE 4" suspension lift.

I posted pictures in the readers rides under "hoobness" so you have an idea of what i am dealing with. Its a 87 YJ with a brand new 4" RE lift.

What do I need to do to get the 35s under there?

Thanks again!!

I was thinking the 1" body lift was required, what about a shackle lift?

>>>>I dont want to cut the fenders if i dont have to...

would a 2" body lift cover me?

>>>BTW, I have 15x10 rims waiting for tires.

be sure to view the pics!

I would probably do a 1" BL and the TJ fender flare swap. If you have any rubbing at that point, you can add up to a 1" shackle lift.

Re: RE: Paragon April 16th and 17th

Quoting JunkPile
...and the TJ fender flare swap...

Whats the deal with TJ flares?
Is it the extra width? If thats the case I have the extended Best top CJ-look-a-like flares. Will those work? (in addition to the extra lift I need)

No, the wheel openings on a TJ are bigger. You have to cut the fenders and body tub to install the TJ flares, but the clearance is nice and they look good too.

Which transmission w/ 304 or 360 ?

I was afraid youd say that. those flares werent cheap, and a B!tch to install!

What would I need to get the 35x13.5s on 15x10s (4"bs) on there for hwy driving?

Im thinking if I can Just get them on there to putz around town, I can fine tune the rest as I notice the need.

So as of right now, Im guessing they wont even fit under the wheel wells to be mounted?

What if I just take the (35"/2 =) 17.5" radius from the hubs and see if that measurement fits inside the wells plus a few inches for suspension travel and have a reasonable answer to this?

RE: Which transmission w/ 304 or 360 ?

It's hard to simulate actual tire dimensions like that. You need a special gauge, whether purchased or made, that will allow you to see not only the effects of tire height, but also width and rim backspacing. I doubt it would completely clear, even for normal driving, with a 4" lift and wide 35s on a YJ.

RE: Who

I just measured the archaic way i described a few replys ago. I took a measuring tape locked at 20" and measured out from the center of the front and rear hubs. It barely fits in the back, Id probably need to invest in a sawZall. And the front was too snug as well.

I can now see what I need to do to get it to fit, with out cutting anything. if thats possible... and now I need to justify the labor of a body lift and shackles. Its not so much the expense of a body lift its the war Im gonna have to wage with the rusty rig. (see my pics)

RE: Re: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited For Sale

I decided not to wait. I asked how long on 33x12.5 GY MTRs, he said tomorrow.
I talked him into swapping them for the same price as the toyos.

I was really looking forward to the Toyo MTs, with the full siping and the super thick sidewalls, but from what I read, I guess the MTRs are the next best thing, I can also have them now.

SO when I get them mounted Ill post pics so all those that hepled with my decisions over the past 6 weeks can see what they helped me create.

And then well move on to something else as the warm months roll in!!

thanks again!

hoobs

Back