What does your Screen name/Nickname mean???

mingez

Okay, I've been a member for awhile now, and have seen most of your "handles" or nicknames. I'm sure you all have spent a great deal of time thinking of how to represent yourself on the board with a great nickname.

I thought it might be fun to find out what all of our nicknames mean.
There are some fun and interesting ones out there, associated with some even funnier and interesting characters.

Tug, Inspector Gadget, L33TJ33P, Bounty__Hunter, graewulf ot name a few. Why, what, where do these come from, I've always wanted to know.

What do all of your nicknames mean or represent?

I'll start: "Mingez" is short for my last name, "Dominguez." It's something my pops used to call me.

----Ian

Nothing exiting about mine, telephone sevice and data circuits work on pairs of twisted copper wires. They break or fail, I fix!

K_K_PSI_GUY= Kappa Kappa Psi Guy.

I was very involved with this fraternity at the time. I am still involved, but not as much. I like Jeeps much better now.-al

LGR was the initials of a character i played in a text-based online roleplaying game called Gemstone III. Lord Gotorek Ra'Mull was the name. wasted 5+ years with that game.

Tug-n-pull just what it says! I have to tug and pull all the time just to get through this ol world. tug

snitty, from smitty, from last name smith, growing up, it was confusing when someone would yell "smitty", so we changed my handle to snitty, pronounced shnitty... kinda took some of the confusion out of there

Pickin up bad guys. I'm a Deputy Sheriff and one of my assignments is handling all of the county's warrants. One of the jailer's first gave me the nickname and it kinda stuck. It beat the nickname I was using at the time :lol: I know there's a lot worse names for my job out there :wink:

Last name is lane, and i can be a maniac, so i was given the nickname laneiac. Interesting story bounty, my dad who is an oregon state trooper originally held this name because he was considered a maniac at bringing in warrants. Nice to know there are some other law enforcement jeepers out there, I too will soon be one.

I too work Law Enforcement. I have had the nickname Warrior for alot of years. I kinda comes from being a cop, like a modern day Warrior. It actually goes way back to roman days when a warrior would carry his shield with his left hand and a sword with his right, like today our shield is on the left and our weapon is on the right (no I have not forgot about you leftys out there). I am the Asst. Chief of Police for a small town in Kansas. I have 3 vehicles and they are all 4x4's, if ya cant outrun them just run over them when they stop!!
Later
Warrior

Hardtop repair!

Well, I am a High-Tech Redneck from south GA. But in my 14 years of Computer Support, Network Engineering I have been in the middle of a growing tradition called |33T speak. This is something that Parents and teachers alike are frustrated with. |33t Speak has taught Kids (by using a computer) to spell things just the way they sound and ruining their spelling. The next Paragraph will be in |33t.

Dewd, I w3nt down to da St0r3 and g0t sum n3w wh33ls fo muh |33t J33p. ROWAR!!!!!! Sh3 is sw33t adn n33ds t0 g0 to da tr@i|s f3r sum hi|| c|imb$.

Well, I took this language and made my name. Most, that aren't into computers for more than a hobby, don't know about |33T but it is out there.

Elite Jeep
L33t J33p

Sully was a name dropped on me by my friends,since my last name is sullivan,they call me sully.Some of my friends even forget what my first name is and say,"Hey sully,what's your name again?"It's pretty funny.

Baked Alaskan I am sure some of you assume you know. And you're sort of right. Everyone in Alaska has/does/will to some extreme or another.

Baked Alaskan is also a baked ice cream desert.

And man after moving into my house on July 15th two years ago and the temp sat at 101 degrees. Welcome to Fayetteville Arkansas. Now moving from Juneau Alaska after 30 years,............
I was one Baked Alaskan!!!

South is actually where I live and part of my last name (Southern) and 442 was my dream car. Beautiful 71 Convertible with a 455. Great car but newly married, kid, house with no garage, etc. Good part of this story is I sold the 442 and bought a Jeep! :D

pghpenna, pgh and penna are one of many ways to abbreviate my born in home town.... Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Yes I am a die hard Steeler fan and have thick skin so if yunz want to bust my chops about their horrible season feel free. Frank

My name is Laura, and i'm from Boston...not very creative. I was told I should change my name, I am not very creative.

1988 Wrangler and yup its red!!!!!!!! this is the 1st BB that i ever signed on to so my name creativity was not quite there yet. shizz happens!

ZBT = Zeta Beta Tau, the Fraternity I was president of, and very higly involved in when I was in school. (www.zbtwcsu.org). Look for me under the alumni section. Stang = was the fraternity nickname I was given due to fact I was crazy about mustangs....but since im on the board, just take a wild guess what I like now

Was starter and did tech. inspections, at the local Mud pit and 4X Rodeo, we put on 4 times a year, for over a decade. I used to fuss a lot, took safety seriously, they started calling me Mother. After telling a few people, baseball caps and tie down straps, weren´t acceptable subsitutions for seat, belts and helmets. Some people added a last name to my nick name. One of the organizers changed it to MudderChuck (after some complaints), instead of the expletive deleted, they were calling me. It stuck, I kept it, thinking, I might bump into some of the old crowd on-line, someday.
I have a vanity plate, that says, 8MUD, if you´ve ever seen the starter at a mud drag, you know why.

It's my name. I wanted to change my handle but I don't want to loose my post count by resigning up.

Factory XJ Service Manuals - FREE DOWNLOAD!!!

My first wheelin' was out on the Beach here on Cape Cod. The Nauset Beach north spit is referd to as "The Outer Beach" as you can only get there by 4X4 or boat. I am still out there every nice weekend day in my YJ. Thus the name. 8)

Back