What is this component?

firestarter

Okay so this is gonna sound really dumb but I guess I can't search for something if I don't know what it is. As you can see from the pic I have quite a leak on the 2000 XJ. I gather that the small component on the left is the oil pressure switch but what is the larger one on the right? In older models I assume this is the distributor.....

Anyways, with all the leaks can someone please let me know what all gaskets I should be ordering?

IMG_0517.JPG

Thanks in advance,

The one on the right is the cam sensor/ oil pump drive. There is a gasket under there. Looks pretty wet higher up is your valve cover leaking to.

The one on the right is the cam sensor/ oil pump drive. There is a gasket under there. Looks pretty wet higher up is your valve cover leaking to.

Thanks. Yeah it's all kind of a mess under there. I replaced the valve cover gasket a few months ago but never really cleaned it up. Last weekend in wiped off all the excess oil and the only fresh oil left is around these two components so I'll have to make a run to the stealership (so I hear).

I've been using "Engine Shine", are there any better products to cleanup really really old caked on oil?

Thanks,

I use the mopar engine shampoo works great. Spray on and let sit for 15 min. Wash off. Not sure if a dealer will sell it though as its industrial supplies.

diesel or kerosine in a spray bottle spray down eng , let sit 15 min hose down to rinse
cleans the toughest grime away

Back