What kind of Soft Top is this?

kis86

Could someone help me out with this top? What type is it that it folds down like that? I haven't gotten to put my top on yet, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't do anything like that!

image-missing.png

:)

Your TJ softtop is the same as the one on that Pic.

You will enjoy being able to drop the top anytime you want. Only takes a few minutes, nice if you have a friend to help. If you do a search on Google for "lowering jeep wrangler soft top video" you will find quite a few videos that can give you some pointers. Although most of these are for late model wranglers the basics are the same.

Be aware that you will need some how/where to store your rear and side windows once they are removed. DO NOT try and lower the top with them in. I use the the Cloverpatch Window Roll I bought from Quadratec but there may be other ways to store your windows if you look around.
30804md-2.jpg

Clover Patch CPWR01 - Clover Patch Window Roll™ for 87-06 Jeep® Wrangler YJ, TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

-Phil

Should you remove the rear window?I never removed my rear window before and not even sure if it removes completely.

Should you remove the rear window?I never removed my rear window before and not even sure if it removes completely.

To avoid creasing and scratching the windows they should all be removed prior to folding down the soft top. Your rear window has a double zipper, that is there are "pulls" on both sides. To remove the window unzip the right side untill it and the left pull are both down on the left side of the zipper as far as they can go then seperate the zipper. Pull out the window bar and remove the window.

Bunch of noobs, I guess!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, that looks like the stock TJ top........although mine never folds quite so neatly. Really easy to disconnect the hardware and take it off completely (been there, done that!!). I see you've already removed the doors!:beer: Isn't this the most amazing, practical, vehicle you've ever owned?!?!?!! ENJOY!!!!!!

Woo hoo, I got it all on, now I just have to get the folding down part right :)

Last edited:

:D Yea I like that sign...it's been at my Dad's apt building for years. I used the Sunrider "sunroof" feature earlier to get a little taste of the top down, and it was :shades: I can't wait for nicer weather!

Back