Whats the best burger you ever had?

Timlt1

What's the best burger you ever had? For me I would have to say Stanley's burger in Pawtucket RI.

I was driving from Memphis to Charleston a few years ago and was getting low on fuel for me and the Jeep. The next exit was in Heflin, Alabama and there wasn't much around but I found a gas station and a run down restaurant call Pop's Charburgers. That was the best dang burger I've ever had. It wasn't real thick like some out there but it was big around, juicy and best flavor you can imagine. I saw magazine articles on the wall praising their food and it also appeared that Alton Brown from the food network had paid a visit at one time. They were also known for their milkshakes but I had no more room. Sadly the last time I drove by they were closed.

Mine...try this...take some meat and mix jalepanos, garlic, onion, salt/pepper and a little bb sauce. Make your patty wrap it in bacon around the side stick a toothpick in to hold the bacon. Barbq on high...when done add buttermilk ranch and OOOOOHHHHH SO GOOD.

untamed said:
Mine...try this...take some meat and mix jalepanos, garlic, onion, salt/pepper and a little bb sauce. Make your patty wrap it in bacon around the side stick a toothpick in to hold the bacon. Barbq on high...when done add buttermilk ranch and OOOOOHHHHH SO GOOD.

That sounds GREAT!!

Troys on Brand street in Glendale California. A charbroil cheese burger. Don't know if they are still around or not. A creepy thing..... it was about 78 or 79 and I lived up the street from this place, up the street and over one block. Well I'd walk down to 'Troys' to get a burger and back up to my apartment and chow down there. When I would walk down the street, I came to a side street that took me a block north and then one more block down , ( a zig zag ) and there I was. Along the street that I went across, there was an old white wood slat house, probably built in the 40's or so. At the back door of the house was a Gazebo like thing to set outside in. As I would pass there, usually always there was this guy setting there listening to a boom box, though not loud or anything, just enjoying himself. As I walked by, I usually greeted him in some way, a wave or a 'good morning-afternoon' or whatever appropriate, and thought nothing more of it. I probably saw him ten times total. Come to find out this guy was Glendale's 'Hillside Strangler' that was terrorizing and killing woman and dropping them off in the ivy on Chevy Chase Blvd. a road I often traveled.......... Talk about bizzare happenings....... It was along about a month after I last saw him out there that he was caught and the neighborhood safe once again. Strange Days in LA.

there is a place called peppers in mcallen texas. its on second street, if i remember right. anyways, they make the best peppercorn burger i have ever had. whole peppercorns are mixed into the meat and then they use a ranch sauce with a little salt, lettuce and jalapenos. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, good!!

I will be getting some Stanley burgers tomorrow!! The down side of Stanley burger is that you need 4 to be happy but that's not bad because they are only $1.50. I'll post a pic if I remember. Lol

The meat department burgers sold by Stater Bros Markets in California. Cracked Pepper are my favorites, but the Cheddar Cheese Burgers and Jalapeno Burgers are very good too.

Take them home and throw them on a grill over extra hot hardwood coals. When medium, add a toasted bun, tomato, pickle, mustard, and mayo, and get ready for the best ever burger. Going bare is great too, just the burger and bun. Juicy and flavorful. Nice. Much better than anything I've found in a restaurant.

Back