What's the best way to wash and wax my Jeep?

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I've had my Wrangler for a couple of years now, and while I've washed it a couple of times, I've never waxed it. For some reason I've gotten the urge to wash / wax and vacuum my Jeep this weekend. The last car that I waxed I just used some cheap turtle wax paste and applied with my hand and took it off with a rag.

So, what's the best way to wax my car? I've heard of clay bars, but never used them. I have access to an orbital buffer if that's of any use.

I've had my Wrangler for a couple of years now, and while I've washed it a couple of times, I've never waxed it. For some reason I've gotten the urge to wash / wax and vacuum my Jeep this weekend. The last car that I waxed I just used some cheap turtle wax paste and applied with my hand and took it off with a rag.

So, what's the best way to wax my car? I've heard of clay bars, but never used them. I have access to an orbital buffer if that's of any use.

I actually was thinking about waxing my Jeep as well.....I havent done it yet either so good question!

But uh isnt it a sin to call a Jeep a car??? :p

I actually was thinking about waxing my Jeep as well.....I havent done it yet either so good question!

But uh isnt it a sin to call a Jeep a car??? :p

Yeah, you're right. I guess it just feels weird to talk about waxing and a Jeep :D

Yeah, you're right. I guess it just feels weird to talk about waxing and a Jeep :D

Yes Jeeps are built for the off road, but as proud owners does that mean we just ignore our pride and joy and drive around a rolling pile?? We shouldnt feel bad for wanting to have a clean and sparkling Jeep. Just because it isnt caked with mud and three years of grime doesnt make it any less capable! (steps down off soapbox) :rolleyes:

Terry my two favorites are Turtle Wax Ice and Meguiar's waxes, polishes and glazes.

The Turtle Wax Ice is a clear polish and you can put it on everything and I do mean everything (i.e., I actually apply it to my soft top, soft doors, all trim, wheels, all exterior lights -- KC's, etc. etc.) Some people don't like to use it on certain paint colors because they say it leaves streaks. If it does, just wipe over it with a damp rag then finish with a dry cotton towel. The shine is incredible and it lasts.

I like to alternate these two but mostly I like the Ice because its easy on, easy off and you don't have to worry about white residue and white cakey build up around mirrors and crevices around the windshield area. It has actually kept the fabric on my soft top from staining. The Ice dries clear on the soft top fabric and rainwater beads up and rolls off it just like it does on the paint. My Rubi is a 2004 and everyone asks if I have replaced the top. Nope its the original. Ice is a bit pricey but well worth it. I love the stuff.8)

Terry my two favorites are Turtle Wax Ice and Meguiar's waxes, polishes and glazes.

The Turtle Wax Ice is a clear polish and you can put it on everything and I do mean everything (i.e., I actually apply it to my soft top, soft doors, all trim, wheels, all exterior lights -- KC's, etc. etc.) Some people don't like to use it on certain paint colors because they say it leaves streaks. If it does, just wipe over it with a damp rag then finish with a dry cotton towel. The shine is incredible and it lasts.

I like to alternate these two but mostly I like the Ice because its easy on, easy off and you don't have to worry about white residue and white cakey build up around mirrors and crevices around the windshield area. It has actually kept the fabric on my soft top from staining. The Ice dries clear on the soft top fabric and rainwater beads up and rolls off it just like it does on the paint. My Rubi is a 2004 and everyone asks if I have replaced the top. Nope its the original. Ice is a bit pricey but well worth it. I love the stuff.8)

Turtle wax ice it is! I am gonna pick some up tomorrow! I didnt want a bunch-o white residue on all my black accents to have to worry about so this sounds perfect! Thanks for the tip! ;)

welcome Eric. I don't think you will be disappointed. It will actually enchance the shine and depth of your black accents. My Rubi is all green and black, no chrome, no stainless, nothing shiney. Works great on those hood thingys and the black mirror housings. Good luck with it.

Lisa;)

Back