where do you store your windows?

Noli

Going on two years with my 01 wrangler. A question for you veterans! What in the
world do you do with your windows when you take them out? Do you just leave them in your seat and hope that no one steals them? I like carrying them with me, but I've got to say I get a bit paranoid just leaving them out in the open. So far so good, but really, I hate being somewhere and have this flicker of "are they still there" in my mind...quite distracting! Is there some trick I don't know about??? [addsig]

i leave them at home... or when i park, I sometimes toss them back on... or i just leave them there... my windows are not quite my main worry of what can be stolen out of my jeep. or... i've never tried it, but will they slide under the back seat if you go through the tailgate?[addsig]

I know in the owners manual they say to put them in a window storage bag and put them behind the rear seat, but I don't have that bag and I took out my rear seat, so I had to come up wiht a different way. Since I have no rear seat, I just lay them on the floor and then throw my old army blanket over them and put my milk-crate-o-goodies on top of the blanket.

TARSI[addsig]

Well, just wanted to say thank you for that enlightening tid bit of advice. May I suggest a word a day calendar to expand your vocabulary?

edited by: Noli, Mar 31, 2003 - 08:16 PM[addsig]

J10@Mt.EdenKy, Im an easy going person and I rarely get pissed off. However, you are really starting to piss me off, alright? Heres a guy who just wants to know how to store his windows in his jeep with the top off an you threaten to kill him. Thats just not right. And its not just on this post, I've seen at least 3 others where you have done this too. This is a family site and your posts are totaly inappropriate. I just had to get that off my chest.

TARSI

-EDIT-
And Noli, I hope that you understand that this guy does not represent how we are on this board. The guys on here are extremely helpful and this guy is just an idiot.

edited by: tarsij, Mar 31, 2003 - 02:10 PM[addsig]

I put my windows behing the rear seat under the top when it is down...if I dont leave them at home. I perfer to leave them at home. I had full hard doors and when I got caught in the rain I just put my top up and roll the doors up and I was fine. So I could leave my rear and side windows home. [addsig]

there is no reason to even acknowledge what is going on with the above attack[addsig]

Welcome to the board, Noli. The window bags are relatively cheap. I suggest getting on. You could through them back on, like what was suggested above. Or get one of those covers for the back of the Jeep. I've learned that if it's not seen and easily available, theifs will usually leave it alone.

Hmm must be spring break.

Todd[addsig]

Very helpful, everyone! I think I'll try and hide them under the seats, as opposed to dragging them up the stairs. I'm hoping the only people who would even think to rumage for windows would be a fellow jeep owner, and I like to think there is some sort of code of ethics there. Anyway, the weather is suppossed to be wonderful this week, so I'll be able to try everyone's advice. [addsig]

Noli, your fellow Jeepsters are here,
and willing to help.

Well said Tarsi.
Wise advice Snitty.
BigTodd as always, Brother.

I read two other brilliant comments
by J10///

I can guarantee one thing,
The "DUMB-ASSes" are not the one's
asking the questions, only the mental
child with nothing of value to provide
to our very close knit community.
In these times, it is very dangerous
to issue what the penal code calls,
"a terroristic threat" ie, I'll kill you.
TREAD LIGHTLY APPLIES TO A WAY OF LIFE.

Sorry Snitty, I couldn't leave it.
But you should be proud of me,
it's a very 'short' response for me.

[addsig]

Back