Where does it go?

MT_D

:rolleyes:Ok time for my little rant. Jeeps are the only vehicle I know of that people misplace or have lost over time things that most cars come with just because people dont take them off. You guys know what im talking bout, tops, doors, and seats. I realize that some stuff is easly stolen (tops and doors), but if stolen the person probaly plans to sell. and stuff wears out (tops and cloth doors) but normally its replaced. They guy i just got my YJ from has 3 Jeeps 2 of which is missing the back seat and the right hand seat and no tops for either of the three. I asked him where did they go and hes says "oh I sold them for extra cash or just lot them". Lost them? how do you lose a car seat? You take it out to clean out the jeep, set on the ground , turn back around and it vanished? Hudini of seats. When it comes to tops I understand that some people like soft tops and some hard. I can understand tradeing tops to get what you like the right color, and the right type, but I dont under stand takeing off cause you just dont like it and it gets lost.

Ok I wrote this just out of fun cause it does amaze me how this stuff is just MIA. I look forward to some funny comments about this subject.

Some where there is a black hole filled with the lost tops and seats...lol:lol:

I hear what you're saying but have no problem with the previous owner's choice to dispense with various items as long as he willing to deduct the replacement cost for his asking sale price. Rear seats are fairly optional but a front passenger seat is certainly something most folks are going to want.

I was surprised at how many rear seats there were forsale on craigslist. I picked up a second one for only $50 for my TJ.

That's one thing to think about - a new Wrangler front seat is going to be alot cheaper than a new front seat for a lincoln towncar.

I'm with you though - it's amazing how many things seem to become "optional" after a few years.

jeeps seem to be the only vehicle that a mis-firing engine, one seat, partial brakes, an un-aligned steering wheel, major wiring problems, oil leaks, and no doors is acceptable. I encourage careless jeep owners to "misplace" their parts. That means we get to buy them cheap, and I still need to finish my 81cj. keep on working houdini...keep on working.. Bry

Speaking for myself, I have yet to keep a back seat in any of my jeeps and I have never put one back in once it was taken out, seeing as how I move for work every three or four years, it's easy to see how a back seat might get lost in the shuffle and never missed.

I wish I could lose some of the extra Jeep parts in my shed....I just can't bring myself to get rid of stuff that I think I might need later....there's always "another Jeep" that I might some day own that I'm "sure" it will fit.;)

Back