where to get a rebuilt 4.2 shortblock?

Sacredgroove

i want to do a 4.0 head conversion w/howell tbi/hei on a rebuilt short block(im going to sell my longblock and whatever i dont need for the conversion to a friend-has 50,000 or so on it)
anyone know where to get one? i can find long blocks all day long....
im trying to make the jeep a more reliable driver with better fuel economy. i drive about 500 miles a week! lol

ps...here is my new toy to sit next to the cj in the garage :)

CIMG5167-3.jpg

some more pics here:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v718/sacredgrooves/69 Corvette/

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 2006 FJ - It

Sawwweeeeeeettt Vette :D

Sacredgroove said:
awesome,thanks! i see i should of used amc in my search instead of cj7 :)

Actually I searched under " shortblock 258 jeep "

Good luck :)

Have you bought the stuff for the 4.0 head swap yet? What about just buying a longblock stroker? You get the best of both worlds, just like with the head swap......only more.

Junkpile,

I havent bought anything for it yet,just kicking around ideas for better reliability and mileage without spending a fortune to do it. what is the longblock stroker? a stroked 4.0?
what is involved in the switch?(i have t5/300 combo in 84 cj7)
thanks! Dave

RE: Ordered TJ lift today..questions remain

Yep a stroked 4.0, using a 4.2 crankshaft. It can go from a basic 4.5 liter cheapo stroker---all the way up to high dollar, big bore, custom crankshaft 5.0 liters. Since it's the 4.0 head, fuel injection is simple. I think Golen engine charges about $3200 for their ready to run 4.6 longblock. You could build one alot cheaper, but I'd stay away from the "budget" builds and invest in aftermarket pistons that are designed to restore proper quench and compression with this setup.

RE: Ordered TJ lift today..questions remain

thats a nice setup. might go the step down for $2600. dont really need a ton of hp but 225/265 tq would be perfect.
with hei and tbi i could get out for a little over 4 grand...might take awhile though,vette killed my bank account lol
would the stroker motor require a different bellhousing?

here is what you need:
A WEBER TBI set up. Its fully programmable through windows 98. You can buy "programs" that will set your motor to how you want to drive it for the moment. Say you need to pass inspection, just load that program and go pass. then change it "hot rod" and haul ass home and onto the trails. If i could afford it it would definitly be what Id go with.

If heard bad things about the Howell kits, and the other one, i forget what its called... Weber has a solid name in perfomance, I have a weber carb on my YJ and I love it.

check out http://www.cliffordperformance.com/Site04/Home.htm

Attachments

• complete6cylenderredlineinjectionpackage-s.jpg
    complete6cylenderredlineinjectionpackage-s.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 463

If you go with a 4.0 head swap... use the 4.0 fuel injection, forget going aftermarket

and no, same bellhousing for the stroker

i WANT to build a stroker this year, not sure if i'll really get to that or not

Back