where to mount a cb

My first choice would be over head but where. An over the windshield shelf would be perfect, Or an over head mounted console thingie that I have seen in so many jeep junk books! In a YJ I would tell you take out the ash tray and go there but a TJ is not in my back ground. Good luck though! tug

I mounted mine right under the dash, in the middle. Not sure if there is any spots under there on the TJ though.

I got one that had a very small box (everything is in the handheld) and mounted the box on the passenger side of my center console. The hand held has a clip up above the OH CHIT handle and glovebox. Oh, we also ran the wiring through a rubber grommet (is that what it's called?) in the drivers floor area (under dash).

Lady

I mounted mine on the passenger side of the console too.
image-missing.png

I have an Idea that I got from a Local Jeeper.

He bought some Shelving material (the vertical bar) that had pre-drilled holes. He then ran it from one roll bar to the other just ahead of his face in the Windshield stabilizer bars. it also gave him mounting area for Flashlight, Fire Extinguisher and a few more gadgets. I liked it so much I am looking to do it.

mounted my cobra under the dash on the passenger side and the mic holder on the dash under the guages .... dont have many passengers to bang their knees so it works well...

frankiefire702 said:
I mounted mine on the passenger side of the console too.
image-missing.png

Nice pic! But, man, you need a rock knob on that shifter. I'm sure you've already got the pattern down.

I mounted mine where the original stereo goes and mounted the SWR meter in the little catch-all in the console (where Frankie's airbag switch is). Thought it would be a good place since my stereo was stolen anyway. Then mounted the $400 ham unit in the Tuffy console for a little more security.

get a cobra 78 i think it is, like lady said its all in the handheld and you can put the control box under your ashtray, it just pops out, thats how my dads is and we lay the handheld in the cupholder or between the 4wd handle

L33, I remember one of the Jeep places selling a metal shelf with a lip that installed up on the windshield channel area. I thougth it was neat too. I'm always out of space for things in the front of the tj. I need a rock knob too! lol That picture is exactly where my little cobra box is though, passenger side center console. It's just much smaller than that! I have a pic somewhere, I'll look.

Lady

This isn't a shelf. It is a peice of metal that you have to drill. and you get it from a hardware store, not really made for a Jeep but I saw it as more practical.

Back