Which exhuast system to choose?

thomasw

Hello everyone, its christmas time and Rustys offroad's exhaust system for my XJ is on my list :D , im having some trouble deciding which of the two mufflers to choose from, the Dynomax Ultra Flow, or the Flowmaster 50 series, ive always heard the name flowmaster and relating it to a great exhaust system, but on dynomax's website, they say there ultra flow can let out over 1100 cfm as compared to the 435 cfm that flowmaster allows through....sounds like thats a major performace advantage, but i still want that signature sound...but not too obnoxiously loud....any advice on helpin me choose is greatly appreciated! :mrgreen:

Go Flowmaster only change out to the series 30. Here is why I vote this way. FLowmaster is a stainless case muffler. Nice and thick takes a beating off road. The 30 will give you alot more cfm and sound off like a real preformance muffler should. tug

I JUST put on a Flowmaster Series 40 Dyna Flow Today. It sound Great (Not Bratty) and Even more pickup. Flowmaster + K&N = Even better Get-up-n-go!!!!

Ok well im going to choose from either the 40 series or the 50 series.... still cant make up my mind, i want something that sounds deep, and aggressive but i dont want to sound like those dumbass's that drive a v6 camero with a loud exhaust that sounds like pots and pans hittin together (kinda :roll: )

Digital cameras???

The 30 is not that much louder and it does not sound like a ricer. Deep and throaty with a nice cackle on the back exaust. Just my oppion but it is a nice sound not that loud and for some reason it gets quiter on the road than it is at an idle. tug

Back