Which Way To Mount Rear Seat Brackets?

Crusader

:? The '85 CJ7 I bought came with the original fold and tumble seat, uninstalled. It did not have the brackets that mount the seat to the floor. Thanks to LVRockCrawler, I now have the brackets.

However, I want to be sure I know how to install them--do the tops of the brackets (the "finger" or spindle, the part with the cotter pin hole in it) point to the driver's side or the passenger side?

Also, not having a manual or anything, I still am not completely sure I understand how the fold and tumble seat actually works. What is the sequence for installing it, specifically with involving the rear brackets--do you get the pins/posts that come out of the seat side into the rear brackets first, then slide the underseat flanges onto the front brackets? Can someone explain to me what the process is regarding folding and tumbling the seat? Help!

Thanks in advance, guys.

Sure. If memory serves me correctly, the pins face the passenger side, at least on my YJ. As far as how to install the seat, that's simple. Fold the seat down, place it in the Jeep in the "tumble" position, slide the pins through the brackets under the seat, install the cotter pins, unfold the seat and voila! You're done!

Okay, so then I guess the back brackets (the small ones that are on the sides of the wheel wells) mount such that their openings are pointed towards the front of the Jeep?

Crusader said:
Okay, so then I guess the back brackets (the small ones that are on the sides of the wheel wells) mount such that their openings are pointed towards the front of the Jeep?

Yes they do. Sorry I left that out.

Back