Why dont people jeep wave any more?

I don't like it when JK owners are too stuck up and act like it's a bother to wave at you.

Thats kind of presumptive to say that they (we) are stuck up. Many JK drivers are new to jeeping. They do not know about the wave. Keep waving and they will figure it out.

Back when I got my first Jeep, I wondered why other people in Jeeps were waving at me. I thought maybe someone popular in a Jeep club had a Jeep like mine and they all thought I was him and waved at me by mistake.:lol: I felt like a fool when I figured out the whole family and waving thing.

Maybe JKs arent really jeeps? I mean jeeps dont have power windows do they? :) They are probably just as confused as we are. hahaha I'm Just Kidding

Maybe JKs arent really jeeps? I mean jeeps dont have power windows do they? :) They are probably just as confused as we are. hahaha I'm Just Kidding

I guess if having a few comfort features makes a JK not a real Jeep then you're right. Really don't understand all the JK envy on these boards, but oh well.

I wave all the time and receive waves back most of the time, but the non wavers are definitely not just the JK owners.

About what I expected from someone who drives a CityJeep.:p

(ducks and puts on flame suit)

Last edited:
i like my two creature comforts in the old 87, cruise control and ac. the wife's 93 sahara doesn't even have cruise.

Hahahaha I'm just giving you guys ****. It's all in good fun. I normally drive a 05 Zhp BMW 330ci. I have NO room to talk. I just like to joke around.

hey all. im new to the boards here, but not new to jeeps. i've had a total of 6 YJ's & TJ's (including my current TJ). when i saw this thread, i had to read it. it definitely seems to be less & less people waving here in Baltimore. someone posted on another site where the "wave rules" came into play....like a less modded jeep should initiate the wave to a more modded jeep. it was an interesting thread. but ill continue to wave even if they dont wave back.

Hahahaha I'm just giving you guys ****. It's all in good fun. I normally drive a 05 Zhp BMW 330ci. I have NO room to talk. I just like to joke around.

Absolutely, Brother. You gotta have a sense of humor. Be able to dish it out and take it. No thin skins here.

CityJeep, YuppieJeep and TrendyJeep drivers all get equal hate/love from me! I gotta stick up for my members of the minivan brigade though. All the rest of you can bite me.:D

ebxgsxr said:
hey all. im new to the boards here, but not new to jeeps. i've had a total of 6 YJ's & TJ's (including my current TJ). when i saw this thread, i had to read it. it definitely seems to be less & less people waving here in Baltimore. someone posted on another site where the "wave rules" came into play....like a less modded jeep should initiate the wave to a more modded jeep. it was an interesting thread. but ill continue to wave even if they dont wave back.

Hahaha I still wave even when I'm in the bemmer! Force of habit I guess.

I dont get it. Im in Michigan and no matter how many people i wave to no one waves back. All i seem to get is dirty looks

MMata77 said:
I dont get it. Im in Michigan and no matter how many people i wave to no one waves back. All i seem to get is dirty looks

I vote you should immediately move from that state.

Jeep should add it as page 1 of the owner's manual...especially since few salesmen have a clue when selling a Jeep.

Trying to get my wife in the habit since she drives a 4-door JK now, but it's going to be a long hard road, I can tell.

Buck hour said:
I vote you should immediately move from that state.

I also think it is time to move everyone I wave at here in wa waves. I too am trying to get my wife to start she drives an 08 liberty. But she has started but it is hard to get her to stop when not in her jeep.

drallabg said:
It's alive and well in Southeast Louisiana! The wife sometimes takes my Wrangler to work and says she get's too many waves! She rarely gets them in her Commander...lol

I think when people think jeep they instantly think wrangler so they are easier to spot. That is why I think wranglers give and get more waves.

Back