Why is it that Politicians think they can reason away middle east violence?!?!?

TwistedCopper said:
I'm okay with giving them California, but they ain't gettin' Texas!

Talk about awakening a sleeping giant, Hell, you arm half of my family back home and I promise the state of Texas is safe and secure!!

On the other note, I think this all just reaffirms or illustrates my original point, (here I go again with generalizations and stereotypes) but the devout Muslims in the Middle East LOOK for a reason to fight. The struggle defines them, ANY struggle. The act of playing the martyr is so steeped in the culture that you will NEVER be able to sanction away the violence. There is very little difference between the mindset of those screaming Jihad right now, and the looters in the L.A. riots. It is called an opportunist. In L.A. it was material goods they pillaged without regard for their own land, property or neighbors, in the middle east it is notoriety and localized fame at a similar expense. Maybe I am naive but I feel the only way to keep our boys (and girls) safe and home is to go in hard fast and mean one time, and in doing so turn the tables and show them that we can be terrorists too. You think wielding an SKS assault rifle or a dirty bomb instills terror in us, watch what happens when we leave nothing left of Iran except kitty litter and camel turds. You think crashing a plane into a building instills terror in our people, see how it feels when the fury of "The Great Satan" reigns down from the sky in wave after wave of attacks. I promise, after that, they wouldn't dare so much as sneeze near an American Flag. Look at the response our two little displays of power got from Japan, they love us now. Drop a few more in the sand and Mohammad will be wearing Levis, smoking a Marlboro and listening to Elvis Presley in twenty years!!

There is no chivalry in War anymore, at least not with our current enemy. They are smart, I will give them that, they exploit our way of life to manipulate the outcome. I myself, say nuke em all, the oil will still be there. but that's just anger talking. The bottom line is we have certain people in our government who will not allow us to play dirty and win. It sucks because our enemy knows this and they take advantage of it. The media fuels the fire also.

Gone&DoneIt said:
You think wielding an SKS assault rifle or a dirty bomb instills terror in us, watch what happens when we leave nothing left of Iran except kitty litter and camel turds. You think crashing a plane into a building instills terror in our people, see how it feels when the fury of "The Great Satan" reigns down from the sky in wave after wave of attacks. I promise, after that, they wouldn't dare so much as sneeze near an American Flag. Look at the response our two little displays of power got from Japan, they love us now. Drop a few more in the sand and Mohammad will be wearing Levis, smoking a Marlboro and listening to Elvis Presley in twenty years!!

Whoever you are, I think I LOVE you!!!!!:p
Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!!!! I say remove that area from the map for good. That is the only solution. I know it sounds harsh, but it is THE only solution. My daughter's who just graduated high school has this (boy) friend who wants to join the service, because his "pop-pop did", and it's his "duty"... etc. I tried to tell him that is all well and good, but unless you are willing to DIE for all this B.S. , go work at McDonalds!!! He's the nicest, sweetest kid, very nieve, and I am so worried he is gonna enlist and they are going to serious screw with this mind or he will never come home.

Things aren't like they used to be....I feel so sorry for the people fighting over there.. and their families, etc. We aren't making a dent... only a dent in OUR supply of good people. The oughta fly over that area and drop about 5 billion leaflets saying IF YOU AREN'T FOR VIOLENCE AND KILLING INNOCENT AND ALL THAT B.S. you have X amount of days to leave this area because we will be removing it from the World Map......Sincerely, Mr. W. Satan and friends.

I try to imagine what it must be like to be in some strange land, scared, tired, longing to see people you love, etc. I can barely make it through 3 days at the shore without my Bichon, I think I would wither and die.

God bless our troops and all the people over in those places who aren't wanting to inflict pain on the innocent and just want to live a normal life....do they knowwhat a normal life is? Are there people like that over there like us who just wanna cruise through life without wanting to murder others who aren't like they are?? I think there are, but perhaps they are all groomed to hate others, etc. I don't know. :?:

Come on, Gone&Doneit and Abutterfly...don't hold back....tell us how you really feel!:purple:

Very well put, Gone. You too, Butter........

Gone&DoneIt said:
Talk about awakening a sleeping giant, Hell, you arm half of my family back home and I promise the state of Texas is safe and secure!!

On the other note, I think this all just reaffirms or illustrates my original point, (here I go again with generalizations and stereotypes) but the devout Muslims in the Middle East LOOK for a reason to fight. The struggle defines them, ANY struggle. The act of playing the martyr is so steeped in the culture that you will NEVER be able to sanction away the violence. There is very little difference between the mindset of those screaming Jihad right now, and the looters in the L.A. riots. It is called an opportunist. In L.A. it was material goods they pillaged without regard for their own land, property or neighbors, in the middle east it is notoriety and localized fame at a similar expense. Maybe I am naive but I feel the only way to keep our boys (and girls) safe and home is to go in hard fast and mean one time, and in doing so turn the tables and show them that we can be terrorists too. You think wielding an SKS assault rifle or a dirty bomb instills terror in us, watch what happens when we leave nothing left of Iran except kitty litter and camel turds. You think crashing a plane into a building instills terror in our people, see how it feels when the fury of "The Great Satan" reigns down from the sky in wave after wave of attacks. I promise, after that, they wouldn't dare so much as sneeze near an American Flag. Look at the response our two little displays of power got from Japan, they love us now. Drop a few more in the sand and Mohammad will be wearing Levis, smoking a Marlboro and listening to Elvis Presley in twenty years!!

I still think you are fooling yourself if you think that if we bomb them back to the stone age they will submit and be afraid of America.
No way. As long as they have enough people to regroup they will rise again and again. They are Islamic Facist and they will never quit until they have assumed room temperature.

If genocide were the solution to violence the world would have been without violence for thousands of years by now, because surely there has been enough genocide through the ages.

OutOfStep said:
If genocide were the solution to violence the world would have been without violence for thousands of years by now, because surely there has been enough genocide through the ages.
I agree. I am not into the idea of taking out entire nations or even cities, however what makes this situation unique is that their intent is to rule the world and eliminate any and all "infidels". They believe this to be their calling and that killing and dying for Allah will assure them getting into what they believe to be heaven. They will not stop. I do not believe in killing them all, but it is a reality that they will keep at it until either all infidels are slain/converted or they are all dead. There is no reasoning with that. Jihad is a fight to the death for them.
Hitler also wanted to rule the world, and stamp out those he did not want to be in it, but Hitler's Germany gave in when defeat was evident. These terrorist muslims or the governments that support them will not submit to anything - they will settle for victory or they will die trying. Sure when they get beat up on they agree to sanctions, treaties, resolutions, etc., but only to survivelong enough to re-arm and start over.

It is what it is, so we must be aware that this fight will never be over while we both exist. So what do we do? Beat them down over and over, only to watch them thumb their noses at whatever agreements are made afterward? Repeatedly watch them rebuild and re-arm so we have to send more of our boys to risk their lives? Or do we put the fire out. I am leaning towards the latter.

Please do not get me wrong, in no way am I calling for or justifying genocide. On the contrary, to be successful we NEED the Muslims, otherwise there is no way to maintain a strong presence of mind. I am just saying that the only thing they respect is their own ideologies, and therein we need to playt according to their rules. The Mousad was VERY adept at that very thing, instilling terror in those who sought to do the Nation of Isreal harm. I just feel one strong, sweeping effort across the middle east, against ALL likeminded nations is needed. Not out of reciprocity but in an effort to SAVE lives. Strike fear into the hearts of those who inflict fear.

TwistedCopper said:
I'm okay with giving them California, but they ain't gettin' Texas!

They can't have my home. :-|

Gone&DoneIt said:
Please do not get me wrong, in no way am I calling for or justifying genocide. On the contrary, to be successful we NEED the Muslims, otherwise there is no way to maintain a strong presence of mind. I am just saying that the only thing they respect is their own ideologies, and therein we need to playt according to their rules. The Mousad was VERY adept at that very thing, instilling terror in those who sought to do the Nation of Isreal harm. I just feel one strong, sweeping effort across the middle east, against ALL likeminded nations is needed. Not out of reciprocity but in an effort to SAVE lives. Strike fear into the hearts of those who inflict fear.

Just playing devil's advocate...
If you get your strong sweeping effort across the mid east, what do you do with North Korea, China, and Russia? They would not stand by and let the US do that. We would be threatening their oil supply. World politics are like Newton's 3rd Law.

I think all the problem will stop once we have no need for the region. Secretarian violence rules Africa, but it rarely concerns us (even though it should) because we are so far removed as to be out of the kill radius. We can deal with the problem on a defensive humanitarian level.

Eventually we'll be able to leave them to their sand and their god (though we'll occasionally visit the region to resupply Israel with tactical missiles). Until then we should tip all our ammunition with pork fat, if they're damned to their hell because of their death instead of exalted to their heaven it should take some of the vinegar out of their pee.

OutOfStep said:
.... Until then we should tip all our ammunition with pork fat, if they're damned to their hell because of their death instead of exalted to their heaven it should take some of the vinegar out of their pee.

That is a great idea, but all of the Muslims who work for the US Govt making our ammo for us would go on a hunger strike and sue the US for creating a hostile working environment:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OutOfStep said:
Until then we should tip all our ammunition with pork fat, if they're damned to their hell because of their death instead of exalted to their heaven it should take some of the vinegar out of their pee.
Spiteful bombings... I think you have something there.

I've stayed quite on this thread for a long time because I believe I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said. I'm so tired of this place that I can't even contribute to a good healthy debate on Jeepz anymore. This war is going to go on forever. These people will never stop. The will never win. We will never win. I think we just might as well get used to being at war and try to live our lives at home as best we can. Man these days are depressing!

jumppr said:
I've stayed quite on this thread for a long time because I believe I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said. I'm so tired of this place that I can't even contribute to a good healthy debate on Jeepz anymore. This war is going to go on forever. These people will never stop. The will never win. We will never win. I think we just might as well get used to being at war and try to live our lives at home as best we can. Man these days are depressing!
We can win. Political correctness is limiting our efectiveness,

Thanks again for being there. Hang in there and keep your head down

Jumpr,

I echo what TC says..thank you so much for going and doing that job.
We all thank you!

Keep your chin up and your head down.;)

We want you back stateside asap.

Back