Will a 4 inch long arm lift fit on my WJ with Quadra Trac II

Jhardage

I ordered a Rough Country 4 inch long arm lift for my 2002 WJ Grand Cherokee with quadra trac II that I just purchased. Will this lift work on it or do I need to return the lift? I've only had wranglers in the past and I'm not familiar with the Cherokee. The only vehicle the lift won't work on is an AWD. Any help will be appreciated, Thanks

That's the question I have: Is a Quadra Trac II an All Wheel Drive? I know that the lift kit I ordered will not work on an AWD and I have two weeks to return it.
Quadra trac 2 is technically awd but only when needed. Anything I have read states that it uses the speed sensors in the wheel bearings to sense a dramatic difference in speed between the front and rear wheels. So it engages the transfer case gives a 50/50 power split. When a select trac in 4wd is a 48/52 front and rear power split

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

That's the question I have: Is a Quadra Trac II an All Wheel Drive? I know that the lift kit I ordered will not work on an AWD and I have two weeks to return it.

It's technically AWD in the sense that it's full-time 4wd, there is no 2wd option. The WJ was not available in AWD, only 2wd, part-time 4wd, and full-time 4wd.

My bet is the lift won't work as your jeep is essentially AWD, even though it's an incorrect term when applied to the Grand Cherokee.

Have you considered contacting RC to see why exactly it doesn't fit the QDII Jeeps?

The full-time 4wd is pretty finicky when it comes to driveshaft angles and such, could be a reason. Or the physical size of the transfer case and arm/driveshaft clearance. There might be something you can modify to run the kit. Looks like none of the their kits reportedly work with the full-time 4wd.

I talked with Rough Country today and the reason the lift is advertised not to fit an AWD is because you have to replace the front driveshaft. I was kinda figuring on having to replace something on the driveline anyway so it's no big deal. The lift is a go. Thanks for all the help.

Good deal.

I've got some front yokes for transfer cases if you know what spline count you need. Then you would just need one for the axle.

Back