Winch

kennesaw4x4

I have a 2000 4 cylinder wrangler. the manuel says it weighs 3045 lbs and a winch guide says i should get something tested 50% more. i was looking through quadratec and saw a couple in my price range that were tested for around 8500. is overkill a good thing?

If they're in your price range and a good winch, I'd go as high as possible. What brands were these 8500's you were looking at? I don't know all that much as far as the different brands go, but I'm sure someone who does will stumble across your thread and you'll have all the info ready for them. Good luck bud.

yeah i think my limit is going to be around 500 though. other than a mounting kit is there anything else i'm gonna need?

I've only had Warn and have had no problems with them. Used is fine, but if it
's been used a lot it will need new brushes and/or bearings. I would stick with a new one if possible. Ramsey has a good reputation also from what I hear from some friends who have used them. I would recommend a roller fairlead. It's a lot easier on the cable.

The warn m8000 looks quality. It sounds like you guys are really behind warn. i'll prob end up going with that but i'm still gonna look around. Thanks
(I'll post in a couple weeks and let you guys know what i end up with)

My Warn was manufactured in '76, still pulling strong 30 years later. Same design still made too, M8274.

Warn has a lifetime warranty. I doubt it's transferrable, but if you buy one new it'll be guaranteed as long as you own it. Can't beat that. You might save $$$ now, but when the cheap one eventually fails, be it one year or ten, you'll lose the money you saved when it needs to be replaced.

Attachments

• 100_0762.jpg
    100_0762.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 133
Im Running A Stock 90 Yj With A 2.5 All I Want Is Something Light And Cheap For Small Tugs Any Sugestions?

Attachments

• jeepz.jpg
    jeepz.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 70

I don't know how safe it is, just an idea, but ebay?

maybe...? save a few bucks

Last edited:
Not ALL Warn are LIFETIME. That Tabor (Magnum) is only 1 year!!
I just bought my husband one for fathers day on EBAY & was AWESOME deal from Truckaddons.com ebay store. Got the Warn XD9000i for $775 & free SH, brand new. Well worth it!! I'm a shopper & internet/ebay buyer. This was a great company. Good luck.

Back