Would like some trusted opinions!

Jeepr89

I'm thinking about switching jeeps and wanted some opinions from others on the board because I trust your opinions and such. Well here is the deal I feel that for every step I take with my jeep she sends me two or three steps back. I would like to upgrade the 6 to an 8 or do something to increase my power and highway driveability and I also would like to lift her. The problem with these two tasks is that I'm in school and don't work enough to spend that kind of money, heck I have a hard enough time keeping her rolling the way it is. So I've thought of a couple options #1 take out a personal loan and do the motor and lift and be done with it. #2 Find another YJ or a CJ with a V-8 and a lift and sell my jeep and buy that. #3 This is the longest option keep my jeep and at a turtle's pace get done what I want. I would just like to here what people think about my options and help to steer me in the right direction. Oh yeah if anyone knows of a nice YJ or CJ that meet the above reqirements let me know. Thanks in advance. Evan :-? [addsig]

For me, building my Jeep to suit my needs if half the fun. You'll hear plenty of garbage about "Real jeeps are built, not bought" but ignore that BS. Do what suits you, even if it's buying it. Some people have more money that time and/or mechanic ability, not a thing wrong with that.

Sorry I didn't answer your question ;-) [addsig]

If I was you I would study hard and become a Doctor or a Lawyer,Then some day you could buy anything you wanted.No seriously a 6cyl and be build up and have lots of power.Check out the Mopar Performance Book.[addsig]

Hey man, I feel you pain, I spent 6 years in college and all the mods I made to my YJ were out of neccessity (hence repairs trail fixes, etc..) But I slowly save cash, $10-$20 a week adds up, made changes when needed. Remember, oil changes, service, wheel rotations, etc.. are more important than motors and lift kits. A lifted jeep w/V8 make look bad a$$ but if it has a dead transmission or something, it's no good to you!

I also agree with Bounty, I have had just as much fun building as I do wheelin'!
Johnny[addsig]

Get through school and minimize your debt load.
Personally, that is what I would do. Debt is bad.

edited by: thehemi, Apr 28, 2003 - 05:59 PM[addsig]

Not trying to burst your bubble, but in my opinion, the time and expense of doing the
V-8 conversion is not worth it. The only one that I have driven that I really like was an LT-1 conversion that the final cost on was about $10,000. That thing went like a bat out of hell. Spend a few dollars on the six. K and N filter and a good catback exhaust system will really suprise you in terms of power. Save until you can purchase a complete suspension system of your choice. You wanted opinions so there is mine.

Todd[addsig]

Stop breat and think! The Jeep will be a Jeep on matter what you do to it and if hwy speed and power is you first choice, Buy a ricer and be happy (not being mean here). A Jeep is like some one recently stated around here "A Jeep is an ATV that is street leagle". Learn to just go slower and enjoy the sun wind and rain on the Hwy. People pass me on the road all the time and even the ones not happy with my slower pase go by and smile when they see me squinting from the sun and smileing with the wind in the small amount of hair that I have left. I just have a 4 banger and a bigger engin is not even in the cards for me unless I blow the one I have. Education is all the worry you need at this point. Funds will come in time after you grad. Relax and enjoy the ride. Jeep On Tug[addsig]

Back