Wrangler getting diesel after next redesign

southtj

I'd consider one if they didn't charge so much more for the "privilege" of having one.

The next Jeep in line for a diesel engine is the Wrangler, according to Wards Auto. Jeep CEO Mike Manley told the website that the automaker plans to add the powertrain to the lineup after the Wrangler's 2015-16 redesign.Manley believes demand for a diesel-powered Wrangler continues to grow. "I'm confident that the Grand Cherokee will show just how large a demand there is for diesel, and I think what that will do is reinforce the need for us to target Wrangler as a vehicle that can take a diesel," he told Wards.
For the 2014 model year, Jeep added a 240-horsepower, 3.0-liter diesel V-6 to the Grand Cherokee lineup. It'll also be offered on the Ram 1500. Check out our review of the new diesel Grand Cherokee here.
From here

We're in line for the diesel Grand when it is released in the next few months, gonna upgrade from a Jeep Patriot. I've been looking at the new Wranglers really hard and may wait for a diesel if I know it's going to happen.

Unfortunately we still don't know. Reading just his quotes more carefully and I read it as IF the Grand diesel sells well then they'll look at it for the Wrangler. Nothing for sure yet.

Back