Wrangler Polar Edition

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
Jeep has announced a new Polar edition. It's a Sahara edition with bells and whistles:

Based on the Sahara model, the “Polar” badge shows the 78° S and 106° E coordinates of Vostok, Antarctica, where the severest temperature in the world was recorded at -89.2° C (-128.56° F). It has some exclusive options, such as cool blue exterior paint color, a hard spare tire cover and a body-colored hardtop with a deep-tint sunscreen glass.

Wrangler Polar Edition | Jeep JK

I like the black grill inserts.

Jeep-Wrangler-Polar-Edition-badge.jpg

Jeep-Wrangler-Polar-Edition-front-grille.jpg

Jeep-Wrangler-Polar-Edition-front-hood.jpg

Jeep-Wrangler-Polar-Edition-front-left-view.jpg

Jeep-Wrangler-Polar-Edition-interior-view.jpg

Hmm, per the link it says there is an optional 2.8L Common Rail Diesel. Here is hoping Jeep puts it into the rest of their Wranglers!

Bacon

I don't think we'll have a diesel here next year. There's a rumor that we'll be getting one in 2015 with the new version of the Wrangler, but we'll have to wait and see.

I give it two thumbs up ! I like its looks ( a lot softer on the eyes than the 2014 cherokee) and the Polar package should rule for any of us here in the states and our brothers ( and sisters) up north in in the frozen tundra of Canada . I'll put it right up there with the 2014 Rubicon X .

Last edited:
I like the hood. The rest of the Jeep does not appear to be all that special. Does it have some special capabilities or is it mainly cosmetic?

I like the hood. The rest of the Jeep does not appear to be all that special. Does it have some special capabilities or is it mainly cosmetic?

It is designed to withstand the coldest temperatures where no jeep has gone before but can now . That will come in handy when you decide to run into a 7-eleven real quick without your jacket on in January !

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone get me a part number for those grille inserts and headlight bezels, jeep badge too! PLEASE!

I like the color. It would be nice to have a RHD version to drive on the mail route. Almost too pretty to drive, though.

Call your local dealership and speak to someone at the parts counter...it's not that hard.

Wow, I never thought of that. Hope you caught the sarcasm there. I have tried 2 dealerships and I've even tried emailing some, quadratec, etc... I can't find any info on them. There has to be a part number somewhere.

Wow, I never thought of that. Hope you caught the sarcasm there. I have tried 2 dealerships and I've even tried emailing some, quadratec, etc... I can't find any info on them. There has to be a part number somewhere.

Sometimes with those parts counter guys you have to speak very slowly and be patient....(at least at my local dealerships....) If nothing else give it a year or two. They will have the parts eventually (they have to supply them for accident repair, etc...).

Back