YJ needs 44s

MT_D

Hey guys. I finished my eng,trans, xfer transplant. Now I want 44 front and aft any idea what a good donor is. I can weld and fab. My main concern in pumpkin linement.8) Thanx you guys are the bomb.

I'll sell you bolt in to a YJ, ready to beat on D44 front and rear with hi-steering and all. 4.88:1 gears, detriots, and cryo'ed axles shafts and gears with front and rear disc, axles were built by me with top of the line everything. PM me if you want a price, I can even throw in some tires and bead locks if interested.

what the hell is CAD?

I lieu of lockable hubs Jeep put Center Axle Disconnects (CAD) systems on the front axles. In essence, you have a two piece axle shaft on one side of the axle , one piece that goes into the differential and one piece that goes to the outside of the axle tube. Both pieces turn freely of each other when 4 wheel drive in not engaged. When 4 wheel drive is activated the CAD actuator locks the two sides of the axle together making the axle work as if the “hubs” were locked. The OEM version of the actuator is pneumatic but there is an after market cable version available too. The intent is to make pavement driving better and to improve fuel economy but the reality is a big pain in the a$$. You really never know for sure if it is locked up half the time as the pneumatic hose system is subject to leaks.

Mid '90s Isuzu Rodeo or Honda Passport can be found with a d44 rear axle with disc brakes, it has the same 6-lug wheel pattern as the Jeep Wagoneer d44 axle. Great combo.

Back