yj soa

maybe I sould rephrase this, can anyone tell me how a yj will run when a spring over axle is done but a slip yoke eliminater is not applied.

I tried to run a soa w/o a sye,it lasted about 1 week,then popped the seal on tailshaft and out went tc fluid.I would not recommend it because you will probably end up doing the sye anyway .YJMCB

I talked to 2 guys that have done he soa, both tried to skip the sye and had major problems... Real bad vibration.. one lost his rearend on the way to the tail .. the other 20 minutes into the ride... cost more to put a sye in and fix the rear then just putting the sye in it self.. plus.. after you put the sye in.. you can raise the t-case back up... more clearence.. I would also re position the shock mounts on the axel... better angle.. another 1/2 inch of lift once the wedges are out...

I agree, SYE or swapping in a t-case with a fixed mount (i.e. Dana20, 300 or Atlas) is critical in the success of a SOA conversion.

I'm going to start doing SOA's here in Charlotte, NC from my home. Biggest thing I'll have to worry about is the liability issue. I'll have to figure something out there, sort of like how the Smittybilt cages are marketed as "Sport Cages" because they don't want someone suing them because they hit their head on it in a rollover. It's a sue-happy world, and ya have to protect yourself.

If you have any other questions, let me know. My e-mail address is ManglerYJ@aol.com

------------------

Back