YJ steel doors on a soft top HOW DO I FIX THE GAP?

ok so i picked up a set of yj steel doors the cornors are round but my stock half doors are squire what fill the gap on a yj? and i know its not the same thing as my TJ inserts that the top kooks to..

Im confused. Are you saying you have a YJ upper soft door with a TJ soft top or the other way around?.

no im saying i have a 1995 YJ with a soft top and half doors.. And i picked up a set of full steel doors.. thstock doors are squire at the top corner and the steel doors are round so there is a gap..also you have to take out the strip on the windshild frame for the steel doors to close....I also have a 1997 TJ with a soft top and hard doors and there plastic retainers for the soft top and hard doors.....IS there anything to close the gap on a YJ with soft top and full steel doors in the top back corner of the door???

You could probabbly fabricate a sheetmetal to fill in the gap that would attach to the soft top frame. Otherwise, i don't think that rounded full hard doors are meant for the YJ's. Another thing you could do IF you want to keep that full hard doors is to convert your YJ soft top to a TJ soft top which would involve gathering all the pieces from a TJ donor. You will need to take the TJ soft top to an upholstery shop and stitch up a channel for the windshield attachment. On my CJ, i thing we had to chop off 2 inches from the TJ soft top before the upholstery shop stitched on the channel retainer. You will also need the sport bars on the driver and passenger side to attach the window door surrounds.

Back