YJ width question

Mrnoitall

93 YJ needs tires have 31" in mind (w/no lift)

I already have 10.5" X 15" American racing rims.

I need to know what width to order...(so they do not rub)

thanks for all the help
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I have a 93 YJ with 31's. You need a lift or they'll rub with every bump you go over.[addsig]

yup, 30"s are the largest I think you can fit on a YJ with un-sagged stock springs, chances are your springs have sagged over the last 7+ years so you might want to loo for a small lift for those 31"s..

after that some 8"-10" wide wheels with 4"-3.75" of backspacing should be fine, but you might want to check with local laws about fender flares because you tires might stick out a little.[addsig]

Hey Mrnoitall - My 90 YJ came to me with 31" Bridgestone AT tires on 15"x10" rims and what I'm hearing is that you would be better off going with 8" wide rims than 10" wide. See my Nov. 9th post "10" wheel question -" and replies. Truth is that my tires do look a bit "bulgy" as was suggested, although I don't think they're in danger of coming off the rims as long as I keep them properly inflated. On the other hand, because the rims (those old style white spokers) have such a large offset, they don't rub against anything even with no lift. But I will be replacing them in the spring with 8 inchers and a modest lift, I think. Take care. [addsig]

I ran 31s on my 91 YJ on 8" wheels, but I'm not sure what the backspacing was. They did rub on the flares a bit. The easy fix was to put a 1" shackle lift on it. That worked pretty well. They stopped rubbing after that, plus a shackle lift is really cheap and easy and it looks better than a body lift.[addsig]

I've got a '94 Wrangler. Before the suspension lift and the 33's, I had 31"x10.50" on 8"rims. They rubbed until a shackle lift found its way on. Only $40. They other guy's right...cheaper and better looking than a body lift. Body lifts make a Jeep look like a Toy's-R-Us r/c car. Not a fan. Go with a shackle lift, no headaches with the shifter, steering, etc...[addsig]

Thanks for all the advice everyone.

Will 10.50's fit on my rims???

And where do I get a 1" shackle lift for $40.00 a pair?

image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

For the shackle lift, check either JC Whitney or 4WD Hardware. I believe the brand was Warrior. And I think it was a $40 complete front and back...If I remember correctly.

[addsig]

Back