Your Favorite All Time Jeep Photos

Hi everybody, Robert here. Got back inside from down in Durango desert commons and a Aztec find there that is uncharted. Wild country with its tan colored volcanic rocks and mesas. Warm too at about 100 degrees. Got back in 6 days ago and here is three update photos. The one with the Americans were tourist friends I met down that way and they were going to treat me to more Mexican cuisine. I bugered my hand in the one photo on my axe--typical. The one at the table there is in Durado, MX, and a diner took the photo with my cell phone. So far, 60 years old ain't too bad. Everything still works really good, thankfully....

Best to everyone, chime in,

Robert

Attachments

• beckers-sonora-vex.jpg
    beckers-sonora-vex.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 343
  • Durango-9-9-2012.jpg
    Durango-9-9-2012.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 271
  • Espina DuradoMX.jpg
    Espina DuradoMX.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
A couple of my personal favorites:

LarryAndrewExcursion2010_009sml.jpg
[SUB]

Windmills and Jeeps...and Our Jeep Family (plus) one Toyota FJ[/SUB]

Attachments

• FamilyOffRoadTrip7-4-11WindmillHill.jpg
    FamilyOffRoadTrip7-4-11WindmillHill.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 341

Those fender flares make it look vaguely like a Jeep TJ. I always liked those style fender flares. If I were to run wide tires ever again, I'd get those for VEX. Very cool.

Robert

I also love this photo with VEX on rock. Love the wheel travel and his ability to do this sort of thing with those 4 foot long shocks. Very cool and the Revolver Shackles.

image-missing.png

------------------------

And this one with me running a 4 wheel drive CAT 518 Rubber Tired Skidder with Canadian Chains front and rear and CAT Air Lockers in the Diffs., for Canyon Logging Co, Whitefish, MT, and this was 1975. That was the most bad ass 4 wheel outfit ever that I operated... It had a 80,000 lb. Hyster hydraulic winch on the rear and with the grapple, could lift itself off the ground. The tires were filled with calcium chloride and lead, for weight and stability. That is me at the controls. Ran this for 3 years during my last 3 years of college. Winter logging in Montana wasn't that bad. It was cold, but clean. My boss took the photo and it was -39 below zero that day.

image-missing.png

Robert

.....and here is some more shots of the 'big rigs' that I had run over the years logging and lumbering up in Montana way, that helped me on my mods on my Jeeps as the years went by.

image-missing.png

Rear view of the CAT 518, showing the fairlead for the Hyster 80,000 lb. winch, grapple detail, chains. We were burning slash piles that day.

image-missing.png

Actually logging here with the 518, decking logs at the landing.

image-missing.png

The largest machine I ran for logging, a huge CAT 990. Also, on that day, it was -66 below zero, the coldest day I ever worked and saw those type of temps in Montana.

image-missing.png

This was a 1937 RD7 CAT with a cable rig-blade. I was 17 in this photo. Canyon Logging again, summer, but I ended up the only one who could run this old crate but it built logging trails good, as seen here. It was summer, 1968.

image-missing.png

..........and, finally, summer ended and I look so damn forlorn as I did not want to go back to school, back in town, back in civilization and I was not a happy boy at 17. That was my Jeep #2, a 1953 CJ-3B. Bad deal for a kid who loves Jeepin', and running huge equipment, etc.

Robert

Last edited:
Sahara707 said:
What a sweet jeep.

lol i had a teacher in high school who would single out kids with tapout stuff and alway say "what? are you gonna make me tap out if i flunk you? please dont"

With the favorite Jeep photos, I also love this one. Audrey and I were about 3km from the Mex. border and I was looking at some ruins and rock outcrop nearby and caught this photo of Audrey gazing off into forever, when I was coming back to VEX. I loved it; fitting for the Jeeps we love, the maidens we keep and the horizon of adventure. A classic Jeep photo of maiden and adventure.....

image-missing.png

Robert

Back