Rusted floor

YJTino

Hey Guys and Girls! Just came back From Colorado. It was so cool. 8) I will get back to it on the right post with hopefully some pictures if I can figure out how to post them. Now it’s time to work on the Jeep. :D I want to Herculiner the inside of my jeep. I bough the product but I have to fix the driver side floor panel first. There are two small holes under the clutch pedal and from there, all the way to the drain plug, the metal is a little thin from all the rust I removed. It's about 10"x10". I don’t really care about the holes but more about the strength of the floor over time. I want to do it right. What would be the best way to fix the floor? Can I buy a new floor panel and have it weld in place or there are products to reinforce that kind of damage. Thanks again for the help and whatever else I could get… :wink: LOL

You'd be better off to cut all the rust out and weld a new panel in it's place. They sell floor panels but it would probably be easier (and cheaper) to cut a piece yourself.

I hurculined mine with a 'questionable' rust spot... a couple months later my foot went through the floor! Do yourself a favor and weld in a new piece before you hurculine it... I learned the hard way. There are floor panels you can order but to tell you the truth, you are probably only going to use half of it. I bought one and had to cut it waaaay down. It was only around 30 bucks but if you have any steel you can use layin around do what firemanharry said.

RE: hilarious mockup pic of my car! photoshopped!

I agree cut out the rust and replace the floor pan. Its pretty easy to do and is definitely the right move.

Thanks guys! I guest I'll go with a new piece of floor.

RE: Dodge sneek peek Electric swaybar Disco

I say just use flat steel and make it yourself.. but thats me.. i love making things

You could always do what the previous owner of my CJ7 did.....he stole a roadsign and a for sale sign out of someones yard. He then, with great skill, cut them to size and pop riveted them in place then siliconed around the edges. :roll:
I was going all around and under the Jeep checking it out when I looked up and saw "For Sale" printed across the bottom of the passenger side floorboard :lol: And I was stupid enough to STILL buy the damn POS!! It wasn't really a big deal, I was planning on redoing the whole thing anyway, so I just shook my head and laughed at him.

RE: Re: RE: I got a spare 4.0 sittin around

haha.. i know where there's a few signs sittin around

Back