rough idle on 2.5L

rtoney9

I have a 95 YJ. of course it has etronic fuel inject. it idles rough, but I have no idea how to fix it. I have used STP fuel injector cleaner, but it does not help. Any Suggestions?[addsig]

try checking out the tps (throttle positioning sensor) that is usually the fault.[addsig]

Have you been in any water or mud lately? It could be your engine computer. go to a shop that has a code reader and ask really nice if they'll check it. good luck, Paul[addsig]

I have not been in the mud or water lately, and there is no check engine light.[addsig]

I tend to agree with Flyboy. Check the TPS. I've seen a lot of them in the shop here with the same problem. I guess you could say, "It's a Jeep thing."[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>I tend to agree with Flyboy. Check the TPS. I've seen a lot of them in the shop here with the same problem. I guess you could say, "It's a Jeep thing."</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I am having this same problem kinda... How do you check the TPS...[addsig]

Back