MY TJ HAS THE SHAKES HELP!!!

Jeepstud31b

I have owned my 05 TJ X for a little over a year now. All of the stuff underneath the hood is stock I have not done any modifications. I live in the upstate NY area where I do really mild off roading because I hunt and camp alot. My Jeep has never been seriously wrecked or stuck in a tight situation while I have been off roading, but now I have a problem and I dont know what it is. When I hit a bump on the highway, my TJ starts to shake and if I just barely hold the steering wheel; it continues to shake. But as soon as I do some slight steering the shake slowly goes away? Whats going on? I have already replaced my stabalizer shock, and my shocks are still in good condition? PLEASE HELP A CHERRY JEEPER OUT!

Re: RE: clicking/popping front end

How many miles on the tires? Is there any uneven wear or cupping? Those can be signs of a poor alignment. Also may be a broken belt in the tire, I had that happen on an old Datsun PU when I was in high school.

Have you been using ethanol and then switched to regular, non-ethanol gas? It could be DT's.

RE: What

When my buddy lifted his TJ he took it on the freeway before the alignment was done. The shaking that ensued definately earned the name "death wobble." The shaking has not come back now that it has been aligned. The tires could also be out of balance, too.

Back