I need new seats...the Jeep is killing my back!

dozier08

I have a 2005 Wrangler that I love. However I have developed a very bad lower back over the last few years. My seats having just a little more cusion than a rock are certainly not helping. I need to do something whether it be get padded seat covers or just a completely new seat. However I don't know anything about where to start. I have read bestop and wet okole reviews of their seats saying they are comfortable, but I am afraid I have to be certain that I find the most comfortable solution, otherwise I will have to get out of Wranglers for good and this jeep guy doesn't want to.

I would hate to be the youngest person to ever buy a Cadillac. Does anyone have seat covers or new seats that have proven to be comfortable?

I have lower back problems too. Have you been to the Dr? They are going to tell you to use more lumbar support. I typically don't like any lumbar support, but on the advice of the physical therapist, I cranked the lumbar all the way out on my F250 to the point it was almost uncomfortable. After getting used to it, It has made long rides bearable now and you know F250's aren't known for cushy suspension.
My advice would be to crank the lumbar up on your factory seat. If you don't have lumbar then by a lumbar cushion. You can get them at all sorts of places. If you end up replacing the seat, shoot for one with a lumbar and better yet, a seat heater in the back rest. Heated seats feel good on an achy back even if it is warm outside. I don't know if Bestop has one with heat and lumbar. They have one with heat for sure. You could go the junkyard route and get whatever you want. Maybe a Grand Cherokee seat.

Back