opinion please

gothictreasures

I have a 2002 wrangler with the 4.0 and 33 X 12.50 tires.

This jeep is about to see alot of highway miles in the next year as we are going to drive all over the states to parks.

My question what would be the best gear size for the larger tires and running down the highway?

Thanks

I'd say if your running strickly down the hi-way Go with 3:55s. If you do any wheeling I'd personally go with 4:10s. I have 4:88s right now with 33's and an AX-15. The good is that I can crawl no problem on the trails and rocks, lots of control. Down side is to go 75mph I'm cranking on the engine @ 3K. It all depends on how you drive your jeep.

i got an 3 speed auto, im trying to pick between 4:10, or 4:56? i got 33" tires, but i might want to go to 35"s if i got 4:56's i could run that till i went to 35's, but i have a dana 35, so i dont know if i want power & a dana 35?

4:10's will put your jeep back to factory gear to tire size with 33's.

Timrichieblue, 35 inch tires on a Dana35 is pushing it. If your willing to spend the money on the Dana 35 to re gear, and buy a new carrier for the Dana 35 I would also recommend that you upgrade your axle shafts to the higher spline count and chromoly shafts to take 35 inch tires without breaking. And most who I have talked to have gone 4:88's with 35 inch tires. I ran 4:56's on 35 inch MT/r's and wished I went with 4:88's (2001 with an 3 speed and 4:1 transfer case).

Last edited:
Back