swap questions

boost_92

Hello all,

I'm new to the site and wanna get some input. I have a 1995 wrangler rio grande w/2.5l in it. I already did an ax-15 conversion and I'm using an NP231D transfer case. I can get a really good deal on a 92 YJ 4.0l engine, wiring harness and ecu ($125). I wanna swap it into my ride and I'm wondering if there is any major problems I will run into other than the motor mounts needing moved and needing a bigger rad? Will my flywheel bolt to the 4.0? Any other problems that others have had would be greatly appreciated so I know what I'm getting into.

p.s. I don't wanna do a v8 swap so please don't tell me to ditch the 4.0.

Thanks

The 2.5 radiator is the same as the 4.0 radiator.

You will either need an electric fan or a 4.0L shroud.

Fuel sending units are basically the same, unless you've done the 20gal conversion.

All the '95 Wranglers came from the factory with a 20gal plastic tank. The 6cyl. models held a true 20gal, while the 4cyl. models had a vent tube that extended down into the tank to limit the tank to 15gal.

It's an easy mod to convert your 4cyl tank to hold 20gal, simply remove the vent hose from the fuel tank and look into the tank. You will see a plastic hose inside the vent tube. Grab it with needle nose pliers and pull it out until it's only a few inches into the fill tube. Cut off all the excess sticking out of the tank. Some of these articles suggest removing it completely.
Wrangler YJ Gas Tank Modification 15 to 20 Gallons
YJ Gas Tank 15-to-20 Gallon Conversion
Jeep Wrangler 20-Gallon Gas Tank Conversion

Back