IF you had to get new M/T's, which ones?

288sunny

I have been tossing around several brands, and yes i have searched, many have been talked about but nothing in stone. So which would it be, In my case im going with 35's

1. Micky thompson MTZ
2. **** Cepek mud country
3. BF Goodrich KM'2
4. Goodyear MT/R with kevlar
5. pro comp xterrain or extreme M/T's

I like the KM's, but most are backordered till after the new yr, so im leaning towards the Mickey thompson's MTZ???

I like the BFG's over all the other choices you have. The pro comp's are nice tires but they don't seem to have a good mileage on them. I ran my BFG's for almost 11 yr's on the highway and rough terrains and i still have them as a secondary set. Now i'm trying out this Pittbull Krawlers and they seem to be holding up for my abuse out in the ranch as well as in the highway.

I have the Dunlop Mud Rovers on my Jeep. I have been very happy with them. They do well off road and seem to get decent mileage. I am on my second set. There is also General Grabber MT. I have a buddy who has them on his Jeep. They also seem to be a good tire.

I like my Interco Truxxus M/T's a lot, usually they can be found pretty cheap.
Out of the tires listed I like the KM2's the best but pricey and hard to find in stock. I am not a big fan of MT I have had the Baja Belted, MTZ, and currently have the ATZ's and these will be my last set of MT tires.

Last edited:

KM2. I'm really not a fan of the Goodyear MTR w/Kevlar outside of the offroad standpoint.

The Cooper Discoverer STT seems like a hot tire.
image-missing.png

hankook mud terrain...I abuse them every day and currently have 16k miles on them and still have 50% left..just my opinion...depends how much you wanna spend.

I use to run maxxis buckshot mudders..very good tire in my experience..only reason i changed is my buddy works at discount tire, and recieved a good deal on hankook.

just out of what you have there I would pick the BFG's for certain.8)

I ran x-terrains for about 2 years and they were ok at best (directional tire so rotating is front to back only). My friends are all running KM2s now and I'm running MTZs. We both have 35s but mine are a good inch taller and a bit wider on the same size wheel. The KM2s seem to be chunking a lot and the MTZs are holding up well. We ride mostly rocks with some mud thrown in. I run 8psi and they grip like a sticky compound. The KM2s may look like a Krawler but don't have quite the traction and need a good bit of pedal to clean in mud. As far as the MT/R Kevlars I know of a guy who got a set to run the Ultimate Adventure and when he got home they were for sale, nuff said.

depends what your doing with the tire..

out of what you have listed, either BFG's or Good Year. I do not like the compound used in the MT mtz's they do not wear great, no feedback about the DC Mud country, but if they are anything like the Fun Country radials, you'll get decent tread life.
Lastly I simply do not like Pro Comp tires for a couple reasons, some are strictly due to opinion, and some from what I have seen.. long and short, biggest waste of money.

I run the KM2's. Drove 2500miles round-trip to Ouray, 4-wheeled in the mountains w/o any issues.

I'd pick the BFG's. A year or so ago one of the 4x4 magazines did a mud tire test and the X-Terrains were dead last by a long shot and if memory serves, the Goodyear MT/R's were next to last.

What about super swamper TSl radials?

I had a set of TSL's before and liked them but they wore bad on the highway,has anyone tried the Radials yet?

Well i really wanted the KM2's and called everywhere, no one had them so i then started looking into the goodyears. Called a shop and the guy offered me a killer deal on 4 MTZ tires out the door, under $800 so i think thats the route im going to take, dont think i could pass this up???

What about super swamper TSl radials?

I had a set of TSL's before and liked them but they wore bad on the highway,has anyone tried the Radials yet?
I know some people who've had SSR's, which are similar, and liked them. If you don't mind the noise. SSR's are the only tire from Interco that I would consider for a street-driven vehicle.

I have SSR's (38") as well as Truxxus M/T (38.5") and I like the Truxxus much better for street use.

I like the coopers but found they wear fast

I would recommend the bfgs nice riding tire

Back