whats compatable?

tjlboise

So im looking into picking through some of my local junkyards for some things that might be in better shape than what is currently on my YJ. Problem is, there aren't too many wranglers in any of the yards around here. There ARE, however, tons of Cherokees, rodeos, land rovers, and just about anything else. So my question is: what are some things that are a easy swap for me to look for? Mainly looking for things like alternators, steering knuckles, leaf springs, drive shafts, or any other little things having to do with steering, or suspension. Thanks in advance for any, and all input here. Im still learning, so anything at all is helpful.

So am I, have a 91 yj 4 cyl 5 speed,want to know what would be good doner vechicles. Any and all parts.

I did a quick Google search, and it appears that there are a number of axle swaps you can do, but most require welding / fabbing up some stuff. It appears that a Ford Explorer 8.8 with disc brakes is a common swap.

My advise for cross referencing part numbers.

Google Search and Napa or Autozone or advance auto parts what ever have you.

Go toNapa online. if I need an alternator for a 91 yj. I napa search a part number, then I will take that number and re-search based on the part number on google and it will give you a list of vehicle application. A little bit of research with generally yield positive results quicker than posting on a forum board and wait for othes to answer for you.

A second piece of advise it to simply Google search 91 YJ alternator upgrade, you will be suprised what else fits that will be an upgrade and may not share the exact part number.

Proactivity is Key to Success

jps4jeep said:
My advise for cross referencing part numbers.

Google Search and Napa or Autozone or advance auto parts what ever have you.

Go toNapa online. if I need an alternator for a 91 yj. I napa search a part number, then I will take that number and re-search based on the part number on google and it will give you a list of vehicle application. A little bit of research with generally yield positive results quicker than posting on a forum board and wait for othes to answer for you.

A second piece of advise it to simply Google search 91 YJ alternator upgrade, you will be suprised what else fits that will be an upgrade and may not share the exact part number.

Proactivity is Key to Success

Nice. I never thought of doing it that way. That's awesome advice. Thanks a lot.

Back