noise reduction for soft tops

First, make sure your top is as tight as possible. You can tighten it by moving your windshield frame forward (Don't go too far forward or your doors won't seal to the frame). I turn my heater on low. It creates enough air pressure inside the jeep to puff out the side windows and eliminate the flapping sound.[addsig]

They make a spreador bar that keeps the frame apart keeping the top tight. this will help as much as anything else. Flapping is just part of the jeep deal. Soon it will be spring and you can pack it away and just hear the rush of wind! Cool to be topless. Tug[addsig]

someone out there makes baffeling for soft tops, kind of like a blanket that bounts to the underside of the roof. if I see the link I'll post it
-JP[addsig]

open the vent and it will expand the top and it will be pretty quiet[addsig]

and if none of those suggestions work, turn off the key and just sit there and look cool!!!![addsig]

Bounty and Tug certainly have the two best suggestions there[addsig]

I believe that I saw in the spring quadratec spring catalog (click on one of the numerous links on this site) that I saw a sort of insulation like padding that you put on the interior of your soft top. Being a poor college sutdent who's having trouble affoarding beer at the moment im not about to buy a hardtop, so ive greatly considered this. You may want to try it. Has anyone ever tried this stuff? Is it worthless or what?[addsig]

I havent tried it yet...but I have friends who have put the bikini top on under the soft top and that reduced the noise some.[addsig]

Back