Check Engine- Tps and gas mileage problem

BEE-TJ

About two months ago I had my top down and it poured (wonderful Miami weather). Needless to say my TJ was flooded pretty bad. After this rain, I began to have problems... check engine light came on also the airbag light. Cruise control wasn't working. I started having problems while driving. I would lose power and then suddenly get a too much. I noticed that my mpg were not the best either. Eventually my cruise control started working. Every once in a while airbag lights goes on and off. I went to check out the CEL...and got Po123 code... I changed the TPS and still have the same code. They checked out the voltage and mentioned that I might have to change the computer.. before I spend all the money on a new computer is there anything else I can check... I'm doing about 150 - 160mpg... RPM go past 1000 when idling... and i lose power when I drive.. I'm also getting P1596 code....i was doing some reading and some people mentioned the clockspring? any thoughts to my problem!

Thanks!

sounds like after your rain, the water evaporated into your under dash harnesses. i don't think you are headed towards anything that is going to remotely be good because all that evaporation and condensation could go on a long long time and who knows where that water got into. maybe into an ecu or trans ecu, who knows?

unplug your horn relay see what that will do i had same problem changed everything including the ecm its your clock spring

Back