Have you influenced someone else to buy a Jeep?

flatie46

I've had my CJ-5 maybe 14 months. Been working on it most of my spare moments. I've become somewhat a Jeep nerd I guess trying to learn all I can, so I buy books and magazines about em when I can. I guess what I'm saying is the CJ has been my hobby for a while. Since I got mine, I've seen the curiosity peeked in alot of friends, co-workers and even family. I feel I've influenced several people to buy one. My brother bought a YJ last weekend, my son bought a 76 CJ-5 a month ago. About the same time a co-worker that had been checkin' mine out every evening as I left bought one. Got anthor co worker that has struck a deal with the guy I got mine from for one that he's been building for years. I could list more but you get the idea. The Jeep life must be a sickness that's contagious! Has anybody else felt this way?

I remeber what pushed me over the edge. A guy often passed my house in a rough old CJ with the top off while I was mowing. He just looked like he enjoyed driving it. One day I said to myself... self if your gonna get one you better do it now. They ride like a log wagon and old men don't like that bouncy crap.

flatie46 said:
I've had my CJ-5 maybe 14 months. Been working on it most of my spare moments. I've become somewhat a Jeep nerd I guess trying to learn all I can, so I buy books and magazines about em when I can. I guess what I'm saying is the CJ has been my hobby for a while. Since I got mine, I've seen the curiosity peeked in alot of friends, co-workers and even family. I feel I've influenced several people to buy one. My brother bought a YJ last weekend, my son bought a 76 CJ-5 a month ago. About the same time a co-worker that had been checkin' mine out every evening as I left bought one. Got anthor co worker that has struck a deal with the guy I got mine from for one that he's been building for years. I could list more but you get the idea. The Jeep life must be a sickness that's contagious! Has anybody else felt this way?

I remeber what pushed me over the edge. A guy often passed my house in a rough old CJ with the top off while I was mowing. He just looked like he enjoyed driving it. One day I said to myself... self if your gonna get one you better do it now. They ride like a log wagon and old men don't like that bouncy crap.

my buddy connor wanted to buy a new car so i suggested a wrangler, he decided he wanted a 4 door jk when he started shopping for them he said that the price was to rich for hos taste lol

i have not yet. lots of people at work are looking for ones in a certain price range now though. and mine is stock

Through my enthusiasm for Jeeps (and through my website) I have had a number of folks get involved in these phenomenal vehicles.

Close to home is the example of one brother-in-law who had never owned a Jeep before...but in the last 2 years has owned an '04 Wrangler Unlimited, '06 Commander, '04 Wrangler Rubicon and now has a 1963 CJ5 project Willys/Jeep. He also now has his own off roading website and Youtube channel with his Jeeping videos.

The other brother-in-law has had his '06 Golden Eagle Wrangler since new, but has only used it as a daily driver until he got the bug (from us) to build it up and off road it. He joined a major Jeep Club and is now really into the Jeep thing.

I guess it doesn't take much to influence others when they see and hear how much I (we) love our rides.

Larry

This is awesome.... My dad gave me my first one in 95 it is a Willys wagon 1959. Then I built my wife's soccer ride into a lifted gully jumping Cherokee . Then 6 months ago we got an 08 wrangler jk 4 door sea hawk edition. My dad was feeling a little left out when we started bringing back all the cool story's and awesome pics. He told me yesterday he had made a deal on a 87 Cherokee ...... Life is good !!! There are only two kinds of people in this world those who live Jeeping & those who wish they could .

I have.
I took my brother out in mine and he bought one the next day.
My Mom and Step Dad borrowed mine and now they have one!

Not yet but after I drove my brother in laws 87 yj he got a couple months ago I instantly fell in love and bought myself an 89 two weeks later and been obsessive about fixing it up ever since!!!!!

When i told my dad I was going to buy a jeep he was the happiest man in the world. I then found out that that has been his dream car since forever, but has never been able to get one. He loves mine and always tells me what i should do with mine and just the other day he told me he's tired of seeing mine and is about ready to buy one : ) and my younger brother who is about to get his license is considering jeeps. Pretty soon itll be a jeep family. And ever since i got mine my gf has fallen in love and wants one for herself as well.

Just last night my brother inlaw & his son came to town to visit .... & now I'm trying to find anther jeep 4 my nephew . Good times... & I know what your talking about when you. Say it sells it's self.... People love to look @ my 59 wagon I leteraliy had people chase me down to get a look @ it. And the look on my wife's face when a teenager tells her what a bad a ride she has . It's priceless Lol

This is awesome.... My dad gave me my first one in 95 it is a Willys wagon 1959. Then I built my wife's soccer ride into a lifted gully jumping Cherokee . Then 6 months ago we got an 08 wrangler jk 4 door sea hawk edition. My dad was feeling a little left out when we started bringing back all the cool story's and awesome pics. He told me yesterday he had made a deal on a 87 Cherokee ...... Life is good !!! There are only two kinds of people in this world those who live Jeeping & those who wish they could .
I've missed a few chances to own Willys wagons and trucks over the years. I feel it's fate that I should own one. They're eat up with cool!:)

Well I have gotten two mor jeeps.... One for my father a1987 xj wagoneer.... Then I found a 1979 j-10 wagoneer for my mother inlaw.... This gives us five in all...( I'm looking for one for my son to drive turns 15 in April ) doing my part to keep the jeep legacy alive... I'd rather push my jeep than drive anything else !!!! Bwjajaja

Attachments

• image-2277132509.jpg
    image-2277132509.jpg
    739 KB · Views: 309
  • image-1104540393.jpg
    image-1104540393.jpg
    539.2 KB · Views: 417

yes, I had a friend that loved my jeeps. IHe was on a tight budget but started looking for one. It would be the whole familys only ride him, wife, two kids. He got an awsome deal on a 76 cj5, the thing looked brand new, and he only paid 2700 for it. I went to his house to see it and couldnt believe the deal he had gotten. The jeep was yellow and when I was under the jeep, the underside of the body was still yellow, no rust anywhere. He just couldnt deal with all the tinkering they require, he wanted something he didnt have to mess with and could just drive. Said it nickle and dimed him to death, so he sold it (or should I say gave it away.) for 2200. I mean this thing was mint. Guess I understood his situation with the kids and all, so I forgave him.

sancho said:
Well I have gotten two mor jeeps.... One for my father a1987 xj wagoneer.... Then I found a 1979 j-10 wagoneer for my mother inlaw.... This gives us five in all...( I'm looking for one for my son to drive turns 15 in April ) doing my part to keep the jeep legacy alive... I'd rather push my jeep than drive anything else !!!! Bwjajaja

sweet wagoneer, looks brand new

Thank you... We got a great deal on it .... If you will hall it off you can have it....tinkerd with it for about two hours & had it running again ( there had been a small eather fire ) it only has 41000 miles on it & has never even been out of the town we live in . A little more TLC & I think it will make a great rig to run up to the ski area in.

Attachments

• image-2044794300.jpg
    image-2044794300.jpg
    533.4 KB · Views: 228

Now that I started redoing my 1980 cj7 my older sister who has only ever wanted the mustang she drives is now begging my dad to let her redo our 1975 cj5. He said id get the day because I have always wanted a jeep since I was little so that what I got and he knows that if I would have asked for a mustang she would have flipped Saying I'm copying her. Her husband has a cheerokee and her brother in law a wrangler. So I'm not sure weather to be nice and let her join the jeep family or let her stick with her mustang.

let her and her husband swap so she can decide if she really likes the jeeps.

its funny because the cherokee, if it has the factory tow package, will probably kill the mustang light to light

I got my 91 yj, and started building it, my girlfriends dad liked it so much he got himself a jk 2 months later. And after that his coworker bought one. Two converts for the price of one.

Back