s/b ford into cj7

have to check novak or advanced adapters. its not looking good because everyone keeps telling me a 302 won;t bolt to a tf999, which is what i have behind my 4.2

Many ford products with a 302 came with a T4 or a T5 transmision and some CJs came with them also. If you have the right bellhousing, It should bolt right up. Have been told that some 6 cylinder bellhousings will fit a V8. You'll just have to move your motor mounts. If you have the AMC 20 rear axle, You might want to consider upgrading that also. It won't last long in if it's in stock condition.

Many ford products with a 302 came with a T4 or a T5 transmision and some CJs came with them also. If you have the right bellhousing, It should bolt right up. Have been told that some 6 cylinder bellhousings will fit a V8. You'll just have to move your motor mounts. If you have the AMC 20 rear axle, You might want to consider upgrading that also. It won't last long in if it's in stock condition.

Thanks for your reply. I've been hearing the same thing about the bellhousing. Rear axle is D44

Also you could use the Ford bell housing and a Ford T18. The T150 & T176 have a Ford “butterfly” pattern too. Shaft stick-out length will be the only thing to check.

Back