What did you do to your Jeep today?

Finished up the vents. Apparently, I needed to come in to the vent at a steeper angle to catch the release for the vents just right. Next mini project is the chrome rings on the instrument cluster. Thinking about picking up the Wild Boar grill. Haven't seen any thoughts on it yet. Going to drive up to Quadratec to sift through their return items and hope to find skids.

Attachments

• image-1889168356.jpg
    image-1889168356.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 731
  • image-129940736.jpg
    image-129940736.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 310

Put the doors on for the start of Fall and replaced the fuel filter.

Well tomorrow I'm taking my jeep to the "jeep speed shop" to replace the two seals and output shaft on the transfer case. The transmission oil goes down and the transfer case goes up.

Also bought some parts from someone upgrading his jeep front end from my builder! Chrome moly D30 front axels, ARB front locker and front big brake kit, 900 bills. It's not the Dana 44 I wanted, but I saved 2 grand and got big brakes. Can't wait to hit the trails.

Took off my old exhaust manifold that was cracked and gonna put the new one in tomorrow, poor girl is all gutted out for the nite, but she's got brand new tires on her :)

TrailRatedRN said:
Called the shop. They expect to finish next week...
So how long have you've been jeepless?

Sent from my PG86100 using Jeepz

Took my baby to the shop.....

6 year old front ring gear, think the pinion gear got hit and knocked the pre-load off chuffing the inside of the ring gear.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120918_001141.png
    ForumRunner_20120918_001141.png
    343.9 KB · Views: 229

Supposed to be done this week. They said it would be done in 2 weeks when I called 2 fridays ago... They said a wrong part was shipped and they needed just a few days longer. I expressed my discontent. Not my usual. She said 'mid-week'. I'll still need to arrange a ride to go get it, so it will prob be next week before I see my baby. That is, if they actually complete the job. I'm just stuck here with no control. Can't go there in person. Can't change shops. Just waiting. I'm lucky to have a job that affords me the ability to not work for a few weeks. In the mean time, I sit here and stew. Nothing to do but clean the house. The garage is spotless. That's one good thing, I guess. I hate this. I am not house-wife material. Have I rambled long enough? lol

The Heep turned over to

photobucket214241348104283859_zps97ed9b0-1.jpg

And I drug the hardtop out and debugged and scrubbed it inside and out

photobucket295081348080974476_zpsa5d2a6d-1.jpg

then threw a coat of wax on

photobucket208721348104471082_zpsf883f39-1.jpg

Now it is ready to go back on when my wife complains its getting too cold....

Sent from my DROID 2 Global

I started to look into new bumpers the other day and then went to see how mine was attached...no bolts and to my surprise it was welded to the frame!...so out of my frustration i did this to it...my not be as nice as a new one but it will do for now.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120921_090530.png
    ForumRunner_20120921_090530.png
    563.5 KB · Views: 278
untamed said:
I started to look into new bumpers the other day and then went to see how mine was attached...no bolts and to my surprise it was welded to the frame!...so out of my frustration i did this to it...my not be as nice as a new one but it will do for now.

Looks good regardless.

Back