What did you do to your Jeep today?

Went coyote hunting, then forgot about the coyotes and cruised the trails and took in some views.

Attachments

• image-113565161.jpg
    image-113565161.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 242
After rebalancing and rotating the tires the other day I got a vibration around 50-55.

I watched the tech balance all the tires to "0". So the tire is balanced perfect but still is out of balance.

I've came to the conclusion the tire either has a busted belt or is out of round.
I've had this tire on the jeep 3 times now and taken it back off after a few hundred miles each time. I always figured the tech got lazy on one wheel and didn't get it completely balanced, but this time I watched him closely....

I put it back on the tailgate, I'll see if I can get it replaced.

Sent from my DROID 2 Global

Could be a bad rim also.

xt master said:
Could be a bad rim also.

I hope not they are brand new. That rim and tire combo probably have less than 1000 miles on it...
I'm going to get it checked later this week

Isn't it pretty? My $250 tailgate decoration!
photobucket105171350588809511-1.jpg

Took the tire that I've been having trouble balancing to get looked at.
So it appears that I've got a bent rim :( not sure how, its been a spare its whole life. Must have been bent when I got it. I'm going to see if I can get it warrantied, I think I'm outside the warranty period.

Contacted 4wheelparts about my bent rim and I'm getting ready to sent it back for a replacement :)

Put the stock spare back on so I can return the bent wheel... I knew I saved all the old junk for a reason
photobucket158611350671537050-1.jpg

Finished installing a Ford Taurus 2-speed fan and tying it in with the factory Wrangler A/C....
I've included the wiring diagram to help those who have A/C...

Attachments

• fan pics 005.JPG
    fan pics 005.JPG
    522.5 KB · Views: 32
  • fan pics 006.JPG
    fan pics 006.JPG
    530.5 KB · Views: 32
  • fan pics 008.JPG
    fan pics 008.JPG
    432 KB · Views: 25
  • coolant tube 003.JPG
    coolant tube 003.JPG
    373.9 KB · Views: 27
  • volvo updated diagram.jpg
    volvo updated diagram.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 27

Replaced my battery, fortunly it died at my Dads place. That way I had a ride to the store.

Put rubicon 17" rims and bf goodrich 245/70/17 10 ply tires on the jku today and am picking up the rubicon suspension, as i type

one handed, ha ha ha.

F980F30FEC9C457E8B8C1E6B46E94EFC24590000-1.jpg

old rims and tires

IMG_0022-1.jpg

new rims and tires

now, my list of jeep things to do.

(in no particular order)
swap suspension on jku
change oil on all three vehicles
put 302 and c6 into yj
swap rubicon bumpers onto jku

three of those have to be done asap. one should have been done at the beginning of summer when i had tons of free time and nothing else to do

Prepped everything to replace all the leaf spring and shackle bushings..... Thus is going to an ordeal....oh well, price to pay for owning a CJ !!!!

Back