What did you do to your Jeep today?

going to pull the drain plugs on both jeeps. we had a crazy storm last night with tons of rain, outrageous wind, and hail

Had someone else change the water pump on Thursday (I'm not ready to do stuff like playing with the belt in front of it. lol). I changed the thermostat and flushed the radiator today. Hopefully, that's the last of this mess. Now, a shower for me and one for my baby.

EA1AAD83665A40AE973329459727C2B614300000-1.jpg

Bought this hardtop for 1k just now. Dan, the seller, helped install it too.

Last edited:
Had someone else change the water pump on Thursday (I'm not ready to do stuff like playing with the belt in front of it. lol). I changed the thermostat and flushed the radiator today. Hopefully, that's the last of this mess. Now, a shower for me and one for my baby.

Not such a nice feeling having someone else servicing your baby?
Did you burp the baby after all that fluid? Take another thermo, gasket, correct wrenches and some fluid on your fla trip. Cause in my experiences the thermo is likely going to fail within the first few thou mi if it's going to fail.

JPNinPA said:
Not such a nice feeling having someone else servicing your baby?
Did you burp the baby after all that fluid? Take another thermo, gasket, correct wrenches and some fluid on your fla trip. Cause in my experiences the thermo is likely going to fail within the first few thou mi if it's going to fail.

I did burp him. I did bring tools, except the grip for the hose clamps. I did not buy a 2nd thermostat or gasket. And I do have a bottle of coolant in the passenger floorboard. I am still loosing coolant. Not as much, but a significant amount. Something is wrong. I don't see any obvious fluid marks. My dad said the thermostat may have worked loose while i was putting the housing back on. If I pull the housing off, I don't have to buy a new gasket, do I? Maybe I bought a bad thermo or gasket and that is why it is still leaking.
Pep boys say they can pinpoint the leak for $34.95. But I suppose they will then want $700 to help fix it.

Didn't realize you still had an issue. How much fluid are you loosing an what is indicating fluid loss?
Was it loosing fluid prior to changing the WP and thermo?
Is this why you changed the WP and thermo?

Also you know antifreeze glows in black lights. If you go to Spencer's you could buy a good bulb for 10.
Also check your tailpipe (jeep that is)to see if it smells like sweet exhaust.

Ups delivered my replacement wheel now to go get the tire mounted
photobucket270701352225025956-1.jpg

Sent from my DROID 2 Global

put in some molle racks. now to find some bags to hang on them

top view.
IMG_0038-1.jpg

passenger side view
IMG_0037-1.jpg

driver side view
IMG_0036-1.jpg

a dude on ebay makes these things and sells them for 35 bucks a set. his name is alanjk427 and he ships them out quickly. i got them in something like two days and the shipping is free

Yeah... what is it ...? Do you zip tie moles to them? Or, do you pop it off, put it over a one burner stove and toss some moles on it (BBQ em) ?

Still working on my roll bar. I haven't had much time to mess with it. Making it out of square tubbing so I can have a solid bikiny top made for it. It will only cover the driver and passenger area because I am making a trunk lid for the rear side of the YJ. That way a can have a secure trunk area for it. My biggest enemy is time.....LOL I will keep you posted.

Still working on my roll bar. I haven't had much time to mess with it. Making it out of square tubbing so I can have a solid bikiny top made for it. It will only cover the driver and passenger area because I am making a trunk lid for the rear side of the YJ. That way a can have a secure trunk area for it. My biggest enemy is time.....LOL I will keep you posted.

I don't think useing square tubeing is a good idea for a roll bar. I believe it's gonna be a lot weaker then useing round stock. If your just useing square tubeing from your roll bar to the top of the windshield, for to attach the bikini top. I see nothing wrong with it in that area. But in my opinion ,I would feel much safer with a roll bar fabricated out of round stock if that baby rolled over.

I am using much thicker wall thickness material and welding gussets where the tubing is bent. The gussets will also have holes for carabiners so I can hook things to them. Also adding additional cross bars on top of the roll cage. The back of the roll cage will ales be a frame for the wall that will separate the front and the back of the Jeep. Kinda like the back wall/ window of a pickup truck..... Bikiny top and back wall will be made out of 1/8 aluminum diamond plate powder coated black. Center console on top with locking compartments for my guns. The same for my trunk lid..... I only wish I had more free time so I can work on it more. No deployments for a while so that might help.

What's a molle?

i had to google it

MOLLE (pronounced molly, as in the female name) is an acronym for Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment. It is used to define the current generation of load-bearing equipment and rucksacks utilized by the United States armed forces, especially the United States Army, and its use is also growing in the British Army in the form of the Osprey Modular systems. The system's modularity is derived from the use of PALS webbing, rows of heavy-duty nylon stitched onto the vest as to allow for attachment of various MOLLE-compatible pouches and accessories. This method of attachment has become a de facto standard for modular tactical gear, replacing the A.L.I.C.E system used in the earliest modular vest systems (which is still in use with most Western police departments). It is produced for the United States Government under contract by several contractors, such as Specialty Defense, Armor Holdings, Ehmke Manufacturing/High Ground Gear, as well as Eagle Industries.

Got my new wheel and tire mounted up
photobucket88721352406713604-1.jpg
it rides so much smoother.

The tailgate looks so much better with the matching spare on it also
photobucket333541352406679901-1.jpg

Sent from my DROID 2 Global

Man...... I was just going to post that because I was working all day. MOLLE is probably the most efficient way of personalizing your carry on stuff, no matter what it is. I have all kind of pouches mounted on my roll cage and keep everything in them from sunglasses to loaded magazines. If I have to park my Jeep somewhere, I just unsnap everything and drop them in my two 50 cal ammo boxes in the back of the jeep ( both bolted to the floor and locked... Jason, you did a great job describing the system an it's uses ( also using the lingo that the civvies understand- ho offense to anyone.

I am using much thicker wall thickness material and welding gussets where the tubing is bent. The gussets will also have holes for carabiners so I can hook things to them. Also adding additional cross bars on top of the roll cage. The back of the roll cage will ales be a frame for the wall that will separate the front and the back of the Jeep. Kinda like the back wall/ window of a pickup truck..... Bikiny top and back wall will be made out of 1/8 aluminum diamond plate powder coated black. Center console on top with locking compartments for my guns. The same for my trunk lid..... I only wish I had more free time so I can work on it more. No deployments for a while so that might help.

Sounds good, post some pics when ya geter done.

Back