Brake lines..

Why flare your own lines? You can get a whole new universal brake or fuel lines at any local auto store, it comes in 4 foot sections and shorter. you have to bend it your self which some don't care to do, but I have found it quite easy if you don't try to put all of the bend in one spot, bend it some then move down the line about 1/2" to an 1" and bend some more working back and fourth until you have the amount of bend you need. Just a suggestion. I personally don't care for the "flare your own lines", they leak.

I tried flaring my own brake lines and it was a disaster. I rented a tool and took what I thought was a good stab at it and didn't' get one usable end.

I buy mine premade and bend them by hand.

Yeah for sure you need a bit of practice and technique, dont expect it to be perfect the first time... Its always easier to buy something made by someone else or even a machine, i just think the hole point of having a jeep is to do everything yourself and learn from it

Yeah for sure you need a bit of practice and technique, dont expect it to be perfect the first time... Its always easier to buy something made by someone else or even a machine, i just think the hole point of having a jeep is to do everything yourself and learn from it

I kinda think that's the point of life!

I agree with flaring is best for pressure. After doing it a few times it gets easy. Main trick is to get the right amount out to flair, and watch the tool tip is centered going in.
Stainless can be a little hard, but it is all in the wrist. ha
Also the bending tool is great to have.

Make sure you ream the inside end of the tubing, check your new flare against a old one. You should do fine.

Back