top off = rain in

Jizeep

ok so summer is coming around and I love to throw the damn doors and top in the garage! I was thinking of rhino lining the interior, taking out the back seat, and gettin' some neoprene seat covers for the front seats so I can just leave the top off all the time. I have a bikini and i could just keep the upper door skins on so the instrument panels would stay dry.......anyone keep their top off and invite the rain in? You think it would damage the front at all ?[addsig]

I can't speak for the car dash in a TJ, but the Jeep-like dash in a YJ holds up great to rain. I just keep the door uppers in the back and throw them on for cold/wet driving, does fine when combined with the bikini top.[addsig]

I manged to leave my TJ's top down overnight and it rained real good. no problems a little towel action can't handle. cup holders was filled with water and the carpet started to stink, but with the top down...who smells it?
-Evan
[addsig]

I agree with Bounty Hunter the YJ does fine wet. I have not put up the bikini top as of yet and the top is off for the summer as far as I am concerned. Hurculiner is a week end away and the carpet is dump bound. Would still like to have a full rubber floor linner though. Tug[addsig]

if you have stereo wires running everywhere, do they get you in trouble in that case?
[addsig]

My top comes off usually towards the end of may and stays off until mid september. I have a Bikini top and windjammer that is left on unless I get a string of real nice days. If it will be rainy, I put the full doors back on. I only get a tiny bit of rain actually inside, but not enough to damage anything. I also take the carpet out for the summer. Usually a good time to treat any rust that has crept in during the winter. As for the Stereo, I have two large all-weather speakers on the wheel wells. I ran the cables under the body lip. I have had no probs with this setup at all.

Now if I can just find an easy way to fix my rusty frame??/[addsig]

The hard top has been off for a couple of weeks now. Just make sure you take the plugs out in the floor so the water doesn't pool up! I bought a waterproof cab cover It works great. Just throw it on. It actually keeps the water out better that my hardtop. :-D [addsig]

i have a yj and i don't even have a bikini top.plus when the interior gets dirty i pressure wash it dash and everething,i'm alittle carefull with the dash,but i stills gets wet.i don't know about the tj dash.[addsig]

the only problem I have had with my Yj in the rain and I am sure happens with other models is rain whipping back in while driving in the rain. A little rainx on the inside of the windshield solves that. [addsig]

I roll with just a bikini top in the rain, and my duster cover. And I'll keep a rain coat in the jeep for passengers who are made of sugar.[addsig]

I'm a "topless girl" myself!! :-D I have found that the Bestop cab cover (approx $110) works great. I purchased it last year from Quadratec....easy installation and it's a quality product. It really holds up even during downpours.

I also run around with a safari bikini top also by Bestop...it's about three years old and still not showing signs of giving up.

Just my two cents!!

Patti :) [addsig]

Back