2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.7 p303 code help

Jcm1959

I had the p303 code and changed out the very old and worn out plugs it is running better but still blowing a lot of white smoke out tail pipe and engine light is still on about to do a new scan today to verify same code or new any help here please not sure what the smoke is about except maybe a blown intake cover gasket

Is the smoke blue or white?
Could be stuck or broken valve, valve seat, head gasket or cracked head.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

It’s white smoke the Jeep has ran great never any problems just drove 2800 mikes from Ca to Va no problems engine light has never came on them the other just as we got home the light flashed sever times and it started cutting out. I scanned it did some research decided to start with plugs now it is running good but still have white smoke wondering if this can be left over fuel that is burning off still or ??

Depends on how much got into the CAT(s) for how long the smoke will come out. Or if you have a stuck injector.
While idling put a napkin over the exhaust to condense some of the gasses... after a min or so give it (napkin) a smell. Does it smell of oil, gas or antifreeze.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:

All is ok now I rescanned it today cleared the old code drove around smoke cleared up and no more engine light or new codes seems it was just left over fuel that needed to be cleared out of system seems to be running good again thanks for your response

Back