RE 4.5 extreme or Skyjacker 6" RockReady Lift?

jwhite1071

I just bought a 95 YJ last week, this is my 6th jeep but the first one I'm about to put a suspension lift on, I've narrowed my pick down to 2 different kits but can't decide between the two, The first being the Rubicon Express 4.5" extreme and the second the Skyjacker 6" Rock Ready. My goal is to clear 33's with no problem and I just installed a 1" body lift over the weekend so the RE 4.5 should be alright, but I'm wondering if there is anything that makes one of the lifts particularly better then the other, this Jeep is my daily driver and it will be trail driven on weekends, I have no one local with either lift so if anyone could give me some advise it would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Rubicon Express comes with disco's does it not? I am jsut fond of the re lifts. I have a smaller rough country on my jeep but if I had the extra money when buying it would have been rubicon. tug

I just put the re standard lift on my 95 yj and it works great, the kit includes everything you need,the reason i did not go with the re 4.5 is that the the only difference was the shackles which give it a .5" lift and they wanted 850 for it....i live in Tennessee and shipping was about a hundred dollars got the steering stabilizer and all and all it was $708.The only thing i had to do was extend my rear drive shaft 1 1/2" yes it lifted it up that much..Looks great and I am very pleased..

www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid6...8830247fe81c/fbf42992.jpg?SSImageQuality=Full

Dude this is a 4.5 ex duty on my 90 yj. I just put on a 1 inch body lift i don't have a pic yet. There is a guy here around town with the 6" skyjacker and it looks cool but i don't like the way the springs look. Thay look broke to me there all bent at the ends. I don't think thay will last through a good beeting or two. I had the same thing going on when i picked my lift and i got the 4.5 and i love it.

Tug and his JEEP

looks great, I got the standard 4" with a 3" body running 33's and it truly a flexy kit. tires will rub the flares if that tells ya anything!

Hard top for body lift

Thanks for all the input and to JE420EP for the pics, thats about all I needed to see to make my mind up..........sweet looking! oldblue where did you get your lift from and did it come with the pitman arm?
anyone ever order from 4x4groupbuy.com that guy seems to have pretty decent prices.

oleblue95yj what part of tennessee you in? I am in the Johnson city area! tug

jwhite you did good, you will not be disappointed....I ordered mine straight through RE.
Tug, I live in Chattanooga, got a trip planned with a couple of buddies to Telico aug 1st, staying the weekend !

Get them buddies and plan a trip on up this way some time we can run the hill around here for a few days. It may not be telico but it aint bad. tug

help....oil in my air filter

I have 33's 12.50 BFG MT K/m's on i think is 15x8 Rims.

i have ZERO experence w/ rockkrawler lifts, but i have read that they have had alot of problems and breakages.... i think their heim joints are less than acceptable. most places you might see some good things, and some bad things, but i have never heard anyone say anything good about them...... but i have no experence w/ them

Back