Driver door dosent close well

93bizzleYJ

Just got my 93 YJ, and the drivers side door dosent close all of the way, it shuts and clicks into the bolt but it leaves it looking like its not closed, also I can push it out a little with my hands from the inside, and when I get up to higher speeds above 50 or so the top corner by the windshield starts to rattle and lets lots of air in to the point that it creates a high whistle.

Any ideas?

-Brian

Is it lined up good on the tub (should more or less be an equal gap all the way around the door)? If not, take out the striker pin (it just unscrews), loosen the torx bolts on the bottom hinge (you'll need help), and then the door should move on the hinge allowing you to adjust it to fit the tub better (make sure it fits the windshield frame too), tighten torx bolts on hinge. Reinstall striker pin. If the gaps look good, you might try just loosening your striker pin (it will move around when you loosen it)and adjusting it (probably move it towards the seat). Their is a torx head in the end of the striker pin.

Back